Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
Don't be an ass...give the guy the information he is looking for!

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
a little something like this?

Raptor Racing 5m EGR Block Off Plates **FREE SHIPPING**
Price: $60
Part Number: Raptor-MK2-EGR
Notes: In stock

A Raptor Racing exclusive product; these quality and gorgeous EGR block off plates are made in the USA out of 6061-T6 Billet Aluminum. This kit includes a block off plate for the back of the head and the intake manifold; simply use TOYOTA FIPG or your favorite high heat gasket sealer and you’re set to go. Contact Mark from Vancouver Toyota here if you want to use Toyota Gaskets.
http://www.raptorracing.com/Products/Image00002.jpg

Removing your EGR really gives your engine bay a clean look but please check with your local laws as removing the EGR systems will fail visual inspection in many states/provinces.

·
Premium Member
5,562 Posts
This has been gone over countless times, a two minute search by the guy would've prevented this new thread on an old subject.

·
Premium Member
5,562 Posts
In the Engine/Intake/Exhaust Forum is this Sticky for cleaning your EGR system. Check it out.

·
Registered
3,224 Posts
dont think so, i had mine deleted when i rebuilt my ex 5mge, and never had any issues. your problem is not egr related.

·
Registered
3,291 Posts
You do have another issue. With regard to the engine running cleaner, you've gone the wrong direction. That EGR system is there for emissions purposes. No, you're not going to kill birds and butterflies that are passing by, and your car still might be able to pass the sniff test. Your issue lies elsewhere. Check spark plug wires, engine grounds, electrical connectors, and your engine harness connection at the ECU. You also could have installed the distributor and / or timing belt incorrectly. Keep us posted.
-Aaron

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i did all this but i took my head off and put gaskets on it and while it was off i had a head job to it and i bead blasted that plate in the back and bead blasted my intake. so thats all real fresh. but my car is not starting(coil not sparking) so for some reason i was thinking maybe it had something to do with the egr delete, just checking evry possibility.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ok i checked the timing everything is right according to the book, every mark lines up.ill triple check and so far every wire is where it is suppose to be. and i didnt have to much luck finding the ecu. my guide does not tell me but thats what im doing today.(someone mentioned to me about maybe reseting the ecu..????

·
Registered
3,224 Posts
did you check the ignitor and coil? are you using the tsrm ?

·
Premium Member
6,112 Posts
Milton, WA? Im just down hill in Auburn, willing to at least look at things today...

·
Registered
4,121 Posts
I just sent you a known to be working, coil/igniter, so, I assume you were not getting spark.
So, spark, gas, timing----the big three. Possibly, the distributor is 180 degrees off. I've also responded to your request for a knock sensor.
I know with my 6m swap, the ISCV I put in might be stuck open. To start the car, I pinch the hose going to it, decreasing the air so the fuel/air mixture makes sense to the car.

·
Registered
1 Posts
i did all this but i took my head off and put gaskets on it and while it was off i had a head job to it and i bead blasted that plate in the back and bead blasted my intake. so thats all real fresh. but my car is not starting(coil not sparking) so for some reason i was thinking maybe it had something to do with the egr delete, just checking evry possibility.
I know this is a really old thread and you have either fixed the issue or sold the car by now. I recently had a no start condition on a 1984 22re. The problem was the solder joints in the ignition control module. As this unit starts to fail, it will also cause misfires that will cause the soot build up that could be confused with the EGR. I plan to delete the EGR on the Celica I am working on but nonetheless, I was able to get the car started by taking the ignition controller apart and repairing the solder. A quick test to see if it is spark versus engine related, put a timing light on the coil wire and hold the trigger while you start the car. If the light is not flashing steadily, you have an issue with your controller, distributor, or ignition coil.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts