Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wasnt there someone who posted that there was a left and right side to the front eibach springs? I am looking at the set I just got and i cant seem to see any markings and they both look exactly the same including the end poinits of the windings.

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What should I be looking for. Is it white like the Eibach logo & part number or is it something stamped into the metal itself?

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, I'm still not seeing any markings so maybe they changed something. Both springs measure the exact same height and the windings are identical between the two including where they start and stop so I guess I will install them and hope for the best.

·
Super Moderator
8,394 Posts
Mine weren't identified either. They were both wound the same direction, same # of coils, wire diameter, etc. If they were impression stamped Les it was probably something some previous person did. I don't think Eibach would be dumb enough to impression stamp a spring. That's a big no-no in spring design, it creates a fracture point. All the Eibach springs I've seen that were different had "L" and "R" in white ink next to the part #.

·
Registered
667 Posts
I have 3 new sets to check

I have 3 brand new boxes of Eibacks.. 2 sets for MK2 ( one extra set I ordered by mistake) and a set for my sons MK3. I saw no markings on the MK2 set other then " Eibach" in white paint.

I will look at all the others for a L or R on them. I did install the springs with the progressive winding at the top. ( the softer part of the spring with more windings) I hope that was correct , other wise the word Eibach would have been upside down.

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes that is correct. It says that in the destructions if you would have read them LOL!!! The back end sits a little lower than I like I hope Jim King makes those spacers he was talking about making.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts