Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is it true that you may gain some HP replpacing the fan with an electric one ???

have anyone done this before ?

(yeah, I know, I may ask too much but its better to learn from others instead of trying and then . . . :pat: tell myself "stupid me")

but anyway, thats why this forums exist . . . :wink:

thanks to all in advance . . .

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Yes you can but you need alot of flow, 2500 cfm or more is good. Not to many electric fans can doo that. Flex a lite sells some that do.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
how about 2 electric fans ??? would it be too much load for the alternator ???

how much hp can I gain doing it ? ? ?

·
Super Moderator
10,626 Posts
you try searching? this has come up alot in the past, you should be able to find all that info in old posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
well technicly you won't be gaining hp. your just freeing it up. since you live in matamoros and i'm from san benito(by brownsville?) and i know how unbearably hot it can get i'd suggest the highest flow electric fan you can buy. or maybe a flex fan?

·
Registered
796 Posts
that fan takes so little hp from the motor, if you're doing it just for that reason, it's not worth the money! I put a flexalite in my truck (22re 4 cyl motor) and noticed just a little gain in power going uphill...

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
you mean in matamoros ? . . . .

if you do the answer is no . . . the only things I can get, are from celicas and cressidas at junkyard . . . .

I only have seen 2 supras in good condition and about 6 more in real bad condition . . .in Matamoros or brownsville . . .

one of the good condition ones was mine about 4 years ago . . . sold it and never saw it again. . .

everything else comes from brownsville auto parts store and stuff that I may buy via internet.

·
Premium Member
8,246 Posts
Check the FAQ. Jeff Watson at the former Jay Marks Toyota gives us a fairly large discount on phone orders.

DKJones96 said:
sorry this is off topic but are there ANY places down there to find cheap parts for these cars?

·
Registered
591 Posts
hell up here in corpus i can't find even ONE supra of any generation at a junk yard and no cressida of any generation. i need to go down there for parts lol

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
sure, any time you want, I can send you very specific directions to get to the few cars in junk yards in the city that has them, or just mention what you need and I can get you prices and pictures, as I plan to visit them in the next 2 or 3 months during the first stage of my supra project, I still need few more parts from them . . .

·
Registered
591 Posts
if you want a cheap fan that will free up a bit of hp and still work well/be quiet. get a flex fan from an old dodge/plymouth/chrysler car. i'm talking 70s. their fans look funny but they are fairly quiet for the amount of air they move.

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
any opinion between the flex-a-lite fans with the flexable blades thats still turned by the motor v.s. electric?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts