Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well its finally developed... an electric supercharger that works...only good for about 15 seconds of boost though..up to 20psi... i seen it in power pages magazine (the best and most practical magazine i have ever read) ( i will post more articals about this magazine later) .. but any how... here's the link...

http://www.boosthead.com/home.php

it also has a horsepower calculater on the upper right hand corner of the web site... click on the tab..punch in what you will run.. and it gives you an idea of the round about HP you will have.. at 150 stock / 8psi / cold air intake... the meter says 229 with a turbo set up.. pretty close to what most people are getting. Its a great site to add to your favorites..

·
Registered
86 Posts
That's cool, but the ESC400 is not recommended for engines larger than 2.5L.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
5mge

since ours is 2.8 l i figured that maybe.. if the unit can get as high as 20 psi.. it should get 12-15 on our engines but i guess you would have to inquire with the manufacturer... but i figure if 2.5/2.8 = 89% so 89% of 20 psi = 17.8 psi.... most cars of ours run 7-9 psi normally... but for 15 seconds.. why not run it to the max i guess...i would imagine you could get at leat 15psi with it...

·
BIG BOSS HOSS
4,460 Posts
Re: 5mge

opron said:
since ours is 2.8 l i figured that maybe.. if the unit can get as high as 20 psi.. it should get 12-15 on our engines but i guess you would have to inquire with the manufacturer... but i figure if 2.5/2.8 = 89% so 89% of 20 psi = 17.8 psi.... most cars of ours run 7-9 psi normally... but for 15 seconds.. why not run it to the max i guess...i would imagine you could get at leat 15psi with it...
It's about flow not psi... This is why a t04e will out HP a CT26 psi for psi.

That tiny thing won't even out flow a stock CT26. It takes *alot* of HP to produce boost.

Here's what you need to run one of these POS's:

"2+ High-cranking amp racing batteries.
Starter relays
Battery cables (2/0)
Boost gauge
FMU (Fuel Controller 8:1--12:1 VORTECH, etc.)
Microswitch (mounts on the throttle body)
Defeat-activation switch & relay (SPDT switch & 30 AMP standard relay)
Cold air intake & air filter
Blow-off valve
Bypass valve
Hose connectors & clamps
We also recommend the following optional components:

Air-fuel meter
S-AFC Electronic fuel tuner (for more accurate tuning)
200 AMP Alternator upgrade (recharge while you drive!)"

·
Registered
4,558 Posts
so in otherwords, if you spend 1100 or so on parts, and 2000 on a supercharger thingy, you get a lil extra power for a whopping 15 seconds...

thanks, ill set up a nice turbo for 1500 bucks

·
Registered
15,005 Posts
certainly cheaper and is much much lighter.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Forget all this mumbo jumbo. I'm rigging my AC so that when I set on max recirc all the flow will be diverted to the intake supplying it with super cold dry air and some boost from the blower :drinking: :silly: :bitchsla:

·
Registered
930 Posts
hereiam said:
Forget all this mumbo jumbo. I'm rigging my AC so that when I set on max recirc all the flow will be diverted to the intake supplying it with super cold dry air and some boost from the blower :drinking: :silly: :bitchsla:
I read Ford was experimenting with that. Except for the leaf blower bit.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Dont know if anybody will read this... But in the future i believe all of you will eat your words... The electric turbo is here to stay and will only improve with time

"And one day" (when high discharge capacitors get better) (and the actual "elec. Turbo/s.c." can push 2000 cfm)

You "non believers" will eat your words... ?

.... "Torque amp" seems to have have promise now and should only get better once they start competing with other manufactures...

(Garret starts production on "elec" turbos/s.c. in 2021)

·
Registered
35 Posts
I am legitimately just tryin to get the dialog going on this subject.. Im not "yelling" at anybody foooo.

Maybe dont assume im yelling when im simply tryin to hold back the hopeful wishful thinking that one day this will be "a thing"

I see how people respond to questions about "elec. S.C." .... Now that can be considered "yelling at someone" for thinkin outside of the box.

·
Registered
87 Posts
So, we've just got to convert our cars to a hybrid with regenerative braking to keep a bank of batteries charged. These batteries will power the new electric turbo/SC instead of an electric drive motor...
Then, with the extra weight, we'll need new suspensions, upgraded braking and a stiffer body structure...
Seems counterproductive. If I'm going through that much trouble, I'd rather mount some pancake motors to my front wheels and at least get AWD out of the effort.

·
Super Moderator
10,344 Posts
The thread your started a few months ago had some good dialogue, people are pretty supportive of the idea now (the electric supercharger that is on the market). Just saying, reviving a decades old thread to argue points people made about tech that hadn't been invented yet is a little silly. Get your other thread going again or start a new one! This is a subject I'm down for talking more about. Also, the e crate motors that are going be on the market soon are pretty interesting too. Though I'm more interested in those for my daily driver Tacoma.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts