Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,871 Posts
Yoterfan said:
Possibly Dave. He won't give us the actual specs or how it exactly works because he hasn't patented it yet. But MAN that thing sounds nasty when it's activated. His S10 has a stock LT4 vette motor in it with 205 rear tires (stock) and a T56 tranny. The truck without the "turbo" runs an 11.2 at 128mph. 1st through 3rd gear are worthless. :twisted: With the turbo the truck ran a 10.4 at unknown mph...(he didn't tell us). I'll try to get some picks for you guys.
Being the inventive type myself, I can see how what you're talking about "might" actually work with the proper electronics to drive the modified motor. There's a variable frequency motor drive involved somewhere. :wink: Tell your friend to mount a small flywheel on the motor shaft (if he hasn't already) to help bring the efficiency up a bit.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Dont know if anybody will read this... But in the future i believe all of you will eat your words... The electric turbo is here to stay and will only improve with time

"And one day" (when high discharge capacitors get better) (and the actual "elec. Turbo/s.c." can push 2000 cfm)

You "non believers" will eat your words... 😘

.... "Torque amp" seems to have have promise now and should only get better once they start competing with other manufactures...

(Garret starts production on "elec" turbos/s.c. in 2021)

21 - 22 of 22 Posts