Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 188 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Figured I'd post a thread and start updating when I got new stuff.

The car started out as a relitivly clean stocker with some minor paint and interior issues.

When I picked it up.

Got the hood painted and gave the car a good clean.

Alpine head unit, new shift boot and gay B&M knob

Got some stock height springs(4x4 status), tokico blues and euro wheel

Then some enkei 92s

Lowered it with some dobinsons and painted the wheels

Upgraded the headlights with hellas

Lowered her more with GCs and agx, then added a toysport intake

New Carpet, shift knob and steering wheel

Cut the struts, lowered it more and added a cressida/home depot lip.

Hopefully more updates soon...

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Looks great! I cant wait to see it at the GA meet.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
There's certainly a lot to like with what you've done. I'm surprised at how nice a black shift boot and black TRD ***correction "gay B&M knob" *** looks. That would be a good choice for any color interior with a worn boot and knob. The enkei's look like they were made for the car. Gold and blue is always good. The floor mats and strut uppers are also super sharp. Nice work!

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
David I vote you get the most improved MK2 award for owners under 25...take care buddy!!

And I hire you to detail my 86 SDR if you want to come out to Kalifornia for a visit!!!

·
Premium Member
4,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. Currently the car is filthy because I've been swamped with school. Hope to have some more updates in the coming weeks.

·
Premium Member
4,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Got some more parts.

I've had all the rear superpros for a couple of years but just picked up the camber kit.

However, the sleeve for the control arm bushing is way larger than area in between the bracket.

Heres some pics.

Comments?

·
Premium Member
4,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Finally install the camber kit and rear poly bushings over the past few days. Man was it a pain in the ass.... Also the rear of the car seems to be sitting a little bit higher now. Not sure if the alignment changes are just making it appear that way or what. Or if the fact that the springs have been sitting out and need to settle again. Regardless, I'm getting the car aligned in a few days.

Anyway, heres some install pics for anyone whose thinking about doing the mod.

Before

Grimey Diff.

Droppin'

Installed

Thoughts?

·
Registered
861 Posts
Nice!! and another one bites the dust, we're getting more and more guys actually doing the mod.
I'm sure you will enjoy a more level rubber wear and better surface for traction!
Pat yoursekf in the back, it's a job well done!

Love what you've done to the car, it's a jewel, keep it up!

·
Premium Member
4,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Nice!! and another one bites the dust, we're getting more and more guys actually doing the mod.
I'm sure you will enjoy a more level rubber wear and better surface for traction!
Pat yoursekf in the back, it's a job well done!

Love what you've done to the car, it's a jewel, keep it up!
Not sure if I enjoy the traction. It won't chirp 2nd now! :sadbanana:

·
Registered
885 Posts
david,
looking good buddy! :thumbsup: will it be living in the city this fall? you will be soon.....wont you? hope to catch up again with you and the crew

mike

·
I like Boost
3,725 Posts
Finally install the camber kit and rear poly bushings over the past few days. Man was it a pain in the ass.... Also the rear of the car seems to be sitting a little bit higher now. Not sure if the alignment changes are just making it appear that way or what. Or if the fact that the springs have been sitting out and need to settle again. Regardless, I'm getting the car aligned in a few days.

Anyway, heres some install pics for anyone whose thinking about doing the mod.

Before

Grimey Diff.

Droppin'

Installed

Thoughts?
I feel your pain! Your car has a hek of a lot less greasy crap on it, I would have preferred that quite a bit lol :zzzzz: :thumbsup:

awesome work! I know how that job was, but its great results, its a really worth while mod. Unfortunately, I'm going to be doing this mod AGAIN to italianpace's car next week. wish me luck, thought I'd only have to do it once :ugh:

1 - 20 of 188 Posts