Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been driving with my brake lights on for awhile now. It started during the cold days here in TEXAS. What has caused this? I'm no expert in cars. So, how easy is it to get rid or fix this light? Can anybody tell how to :?:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I'm talking about my e-brake indicator in my gauge cluster. Sorry, I wasn't very clear the 1st time.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Is something causing the e-brake switch to not be released? Such as the e-brake handle not down all the way, or a SOMETHING downthere at the switch. That switch might be bad. If your charge light is on as well then your voltage regulator is shot, but I doubt you'd be able to drive around for a week if that was the case.

·
Super Moderator
8,390 Posts
Brake fluid is probably low or the brake pads are almost worn out and the fluid is low because of it.

·
Registered
127 Posts
It's most likely your voltage regulator or alternator. I've driven with that thing lit up for 3 weeks with no problems though. :?

·
Registered
9,445 Posts
Unlikely.....

If your Alt or Voltage Regulator is crapping out, your voltmeter light should be lit up as well, beside the brake light. And your voltmeter guage should be below 12 volts.

AND, if your Alt or VR is crapping out, your battery would not be functioning after 3 weeks. If the Alt is crapping out, then it should not be charging your battery & your car should not be running. If the VR is crapping out, then sometimes it can be overcharging the battery. Another good way for it to die.

As mentioned, if it's JUST the brake light, then you have a problem in the brake system somewhere.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
SilverMk2 said:
Brake fluid is probably low or the brake pads are almost worn out and the fluid is low because of it.
That surely fixed the problem. Thanks all. It was that easy!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts