Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
You talking about the poly bushing kits? I think that energy suspension makes a bushing kit for the front and rears of our cars, maybe im thinking of another company but I know a few places do. I'm sure they are a vast improvement over our stock, probably cracked, rubber bushings most people have now :lol: .

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
I see that they have a kit for the MKII but maybe Aaron could get a buy together :idea: and become a reseller for them? hint hint :pray: Has anyone installed one of these kits?

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
p-s-t.com

will

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
I have all the ES bushings in the front end of my car. I dont think they have a kit with all the bushings I had to purchase them all seperately. I really wish they would make some steering rack bushings for our cars. One day I will get around to doing the rears too.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
The PST kit is VERY complete.....for the front. It includes new ball joints, new tie-rod ends, endlinks and swaybar bushings! :D The rear kit is only control arm bushings, which is all ES has. The PSTs are also made of Poly-Graphite, which tends not to squeak.....ever. definately worth the $179 for the front and $30 for the rear.

Nick

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Haven't actually driven the car I installed them on as it is missing an engine. However, I know poly bushings make a big diff cause they are NEW and then the don't flex. I installed some on my buddy's Starion and they made a huge diff.

Chris Eng, I believe has had the PST's installed and rolling for a while. I couple other members here have installed them as well. Perhaps they'll chime in. :)

Nick

·
Registered
9,445 Posts
Have the complete PST polygraphite kit on the front (still on the stock front & rear sway bars, have not done the Addco upgrade), have the PST rear control arm bushings & new Toyota rear swaybar & endlink bushings (the Toyota items are getting hard to find, last year these were either CLASS D or CLASS E items (IE: Toyota is running out of them!!).

Basically, I finally swapped out my worn 18 year old suspension bushings, BUT at the same time, I changed my shocks/struts (worn out 125K miles Tokico HP's for a slightly used set of Tokico Illumina's that I bought from Don Lew), and installed the Cusco front & rear STB's (that I got from Leslie).

Made a nice difference in handling & cornering. Even though I have not done the Addco bar upgrades, or lowered the car (still on the OE springs), the suspension does feel much firmer than before & cornering feels much flatter.

Now if only the suspension in the Slug can be like this as well!!!

·
Registered
15,036 Posts
does the front pst kit come with front control arm bushings? i have never looked at the front control arms and dont know if they are replaceable or not. i know with mkiii's the upper control arm has to be replaced if the bushings go bad.
william

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
PST front kit, as per my invoice, comes with:

Ball joint
Tie rod end
Control arm bushing
strut rod bushing
endlinks
Swaybar bushing

Nick