Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright boys so here's the deal. I've only ever worked on the honda k series and idk a thing about the 5mge. I need guidance with removing the ac system(although I will be keeping the heater core to help it survive Alabama heat) and all the emissions garbage. I have a custom ffim I fabbed up out of some stainless and a 7m turbo manifold and all that stuff. Before I go to megasquirt and throw the build together I need to clean this sad mess of vacuum lines and wires and if anyone knows how please please please teach me how to get rid of the distributor. Also I intend on going coil on plug if anyone knows how to help me out there as well (ignitors are stupid quit playing with them kids)

·
Premium Member
5,935 Posts
I'm not a gynecologist,but I'll take a look.

In order to go to a C.O.P. system,the crank trigger system is a go-to idea.
The A/C system will take a LOT of work,beginning with the compressor and the hard lines that go to the firewall.
The condenser needs to be PARTLY removed,retaining the temp sensor cigar shaped object.You may choose to retain the weenie fan. Most of the spaghetti vacuum hoses run the heater and the EVAP system.The EGR can be disabled,not removed.Alabama is NOT an emission testing State,I'll guess.
You will need a different engine control system,entirely.

I would like to remove MOST of my condenser as well,but I'll keep my condenser fan.It may end up looking like the frame only. Take it out and cut the crap out of it and put it back in.Those fins are full of crap,anyway.It impedes the air flow to the radiator,and I need the extra (AIR FLOW)cooling.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have an aem 506 I'm gonna end up using (ecu master blows), are you sure I cant just chop all my ac stuff off? I have a 7mgte radiator and a dual fan shroud and everything ready to go. I figured out the crank sensor thing finally I bought one from what's his face on here. If I use my ffim that I made I wont have anything to hook any of the vacuum lines too and ig I'm gonna end up ditching the heater core too

·
Premium Member
5,935 Posts
I just cut off the A/C hard lines going into the firewall.The evaporator is still in there.
Your evaporator is probably plugged up with a lot of crap.i do not care if mine is!
Yank the heater core? You are in for a real treat.That would be a 2-person week end project!
You ..will figure out where to attach your vacuum lines.
You.. want to get rid of a lot of vacuum lines and re-configure your intake manifold.
You... will become a 7 M expert,soon.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts