Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If people on the forums are interested, I'm going to start a list of engine blocks stamps. Just post your vehicle year, engine type, engine block stamp ( the number on the engine block), the car's year, and whether it's an automatic or manual. With a list we can see what this number means.

Mine is "7m 0243918", it's a 7m-GTE and I'm trying to figure out what year of supra it came from. I'll post this on some other forums too and display the results here.

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
IIRC something like this was attempted before, and it got no where. Especially since the engines and the car frame are not matched like American cars. So if you want a really good list, you are also going to have to get with the Cressida people since their cars came with 5Ms and 7Ms.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Okay good advice, I'll post this up on the cressida forums as well, i started a thread on supraforums too. Anyone who's interested post up your numbers!

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
IIRC something like this was attempted before, and it got no where.

Yes, a similar database has been attempted before to figure out the code stamped on the body, in front of the radiator.

1. Very poor participation
2. Incomplete and / or inaccurate information from the remaining respondents.

I gave up.

Good luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts