Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
My engine feels rough when i punch it hard. It is from an 82 p type and it has a little over 300000 km but I rebuilt it about 100000 ago. it just feels like its not smooth at all. any suggestions? I have a cold air intake and i've adjusted the AFM about three clicks. Is it my injectors? i have new plugs and leads and a new distributour and cap. My compression feels allright too.. thanks guys
Marc

·
Registered
209 Posts
How does the car idle?

Rotor and cap status?

When you go to WOT(Wide Open Throttle), does it sound/feel like it is missing, running out of breath or hesistating?

Have you checked you timing? O2 sensor?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
engine feels rough

The cap rotor are brand new. The timing should be fine. I never thought to check the o2 sensor. It dosn't feel like its missing it just dosn't feel like all 6 cylinders are firing the same amount. It feels rough. it idles ok. kinda rough. Is there any way to check the o2 sensor or do I just have to buy a new one and try it?

THanks

Marc

·
Registered
13,118 Posts
o2 Sensor should have nothing to do with it. Unless your chk light is coming on every now and then, o2 sensor is fine. Are you sure its the motor? Does it do it with the clutch in? Does it do it in neutral? All gears? It could very well be the drivetrain. I have something of the same thing, but my motor is smooth. I need to check all my U-joints and that center bearing where the two driveshafts meet. I will post back on here in a few days once I take a look under the car.

--BillyM
Viva La AutoX!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts