Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm doing a engine rebuild on my 85 supra with the 5mge. I was wondering if anyone knows the total advance for the stock motor. Please get back as to me as soon as you can that you guys

·
Registered
472 Posts
total advance?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Okay I'm sorry that I had messed up my first post but I know that the initial advance is 10 degree I just need to know the mechanical advance which is what I'm haveing problems trying to find

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
It is not a V-6 or V-8, you set the crank at "0" on #1 TDC and put everything together. The set the timing to "10" with a timing gun while the engine is running.

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
I just need to know the mechanical advance which is what I'm haveing problems trying to find
Its all up to the ECU. Unless you have 82 electronics in your 85 than its vacuum.

What is it you are trying to fix..
Are you having fuel cut too early.

·
Premium Member
5,600 Posts
Its all up to the ECU. Unless you have 82 electronics in your 85 than its vacuum.

What is it you are trying to fix..
Are you having fuel cut too early.
He said he's rebuilding - I'm sure he's talking mechanical timing between crank and cams. Do as Chris says above.

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
It is not a V-6 or V-8, you set the crank at "0" on #1 TDC and put everything together. The set the timing to "10" with a timing gun while the engine is running.
persoanlly i would set timing at 10 on the crank at TDC and work from the dizzy thereafter

im running 13 degrees on the crank and then im about halfway on the distributer im running 93 octane to be safe

our motors seem to really like the advance in timing

1 - 10 of 10 Posts