Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was driving my 84 supra down the highway, going at about 60 miles per hour and i started to lose power, so i pulled over and barley got out of the way of traffic, then my car stalled...
i couldnt get it running, it would start up and then kinda run, but then die again, it seemed like gas wasnt getting to the engine, i thought it was out of gas or somthing, so i ran down the road till i found a marina and bought some gas, but just as i walked back, my friends came driving up to me, they said they just left it for 10 minutes and then tryed to start it and it worked...
evenerything is running fine now...and i got home
so what the heck happended? and what should i do about it? is it the fuel filter or what?

·
Registered
516 Posts
something similar was happening to my 82. It would be running fine and then just start spluttering and die. If you let it sit for like 15-30 min it would start up fine. It turned out to be that the AFM was overheating, after i had spent the money to fix everything else that could be causing that type of problem. Put in the new AFm and it has never happened again. Brian

·
Registered
9,445 Posts
Fuel Pump......

I learned this one really fast on my way home from Vegas 01 & I was passing through NoCal on I-5.

With 229K miles on it at the time, it had a pretty good life. After I got the new one in, the mechanic who worked on my car, hacked open the old pump just to be curious (as was I). It was not a pretty sight

1 - 5 of 5 Posts