Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys;

Once again I need some help.

I printed off some BMP's from Norbie's site for the 2J to mount up to, and gave them to the machine shop. After looking at the diagrams the measurements are cross referenced to the actual mounts on the car. :( Since my machine shop won't have the car I am trying to figure out the exact size of this 3mm piece of steel that will help me mount the 2J on my car.

Thanks guys.
I just want to let you guys in on something, I am a member of a couple other car groups and when you post things on the other forums, noone knows or answers. MK2 Owners Rule. :D

Cheers Guys
Nick

·
Founding Member
6,409 Posts
E-mail Orin Bivens at [email protected] and see if he can help. I know he's done the 1jz swap on his mk3 and helped another guy do one and last I heard, he had a mk2 that he was going to do something with. I understand that a machine shop here in Fort Worth made the mounts for him.

Phil D.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Phil i will email him.

Cheers

·
Registered
1,661 Posts

If this is the diagram, I'm not sure what the problem is? All of the measurements are relative to the bolt holes in the crossmember (ie where it bolts up to the frame). I assume you're sending the crossmember to the machine shop?

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Norbie;

From what the machine shop told me they need the length and width not corresponding to the crossmember, so they can manu8facture it without my cars cross member.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The people manufacturing the piece are not the people taht will be installing it on the crossmember. It was the only way I could work it out.
The guy who will be manufacturing the piece is doing it as a favor to me.

Cheers
Nick

·
Registered
19 Posts
ive been meaning to get the dimensions out for a while of the mounts i had meade to fit the 1J onto the 5M rubber mounts (makes engine a strait bolt in) ive got these mounts sitting here atm, they cost me a packet to get made so id love to share, but ive no idea who to go to to get a drawing and dimensions done so i can put it on the net. the guy who made them refused to give me the info, and hes selling them at extortion.
if there is anyone near me in sydney that is willing to draw up a plan for these things ill put it on the net here so anyone can just take the designs to a fabricator and once and for all be done with the stuffing around of mounts for a 1/2J into MA61.................anyone?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Me me me me me me

hehe Are they just a some form of a steel mount that bolt into where the 5m one is or entirely new mounts.

I know an engineer that might help out in making them up if they are a metal based product.

Ill look at them when i come over to get the parts

Glen.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Norbie you rule.

I just got fabricated mounts and the Land Cruiser Rubber mounts, and the measurements were perfect. I got the mounts made first as it took a while for the Landcruiser mounts to get in. Put the 2 together and Whammo they fit perfect.

Thanks again for all your help.

Nick

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Guys; I am workin on a Conversion video. I have sent out lotsa invitation for fellow supra owners to come by during the Conversion. I have requested that if they are not helping with the car then they can grab one of the Digital cameras or MiniDV Video cameras and we can take lots of action shots.

I will keep you all posted.

Nick

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I live in Toronto, Ontario.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts