Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

engine noises

3K views 32 replies 10 participants last post by  oldschool85 
#1 ·
help me anyone.....today my engine started making funny rattling noises again....during first gear goin onto second, and while cruising in second around my development it sounds like something is bouncing around in there...last time this happened we took it to the garage and they said it was the crankshaft or the bearings....cost me about 500 bucks....dont wanna spend that much on it again....swap in a 6m??? or if it aint that problem what could it be???help!!!!!!!!!

charlie

#29 ·
if it is a main knock the crank needs turned and all new bearings. rods are ok. if its a rod knok, crank needs turned and all new bearings plus the rod the bad bearing was on needs reconditioned. if you just swap the bearings, it will be knocking again very soon. btdt.
william

#31 ·
oh, btw, a main bearing set will run ~$70 and the rods ~$30. i would try a local machine shop as the crank will need turned anyway, if you get the bearings from them when you get the crank turned, sometimes they will give you a discount. the machine shop i go to does anyway.
william

#33 ·
ok guys...today i have finally got off mah lazy ass to look at where oil was leaking and it seems to be leaking all over the case that covers the cam gears near the bottom....ne suggestions on how to fix this...some oil has found its way on the timing belt as well...help???

charlie

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.