Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
1,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone here run an oil cooler on their engine? I'm probably going to install one soon and I want to know the best way to set it up in conjunction with a remote oil filter kit. Do I put the cooler before the oil filter, after the oil filter, or in parallel with the oil filter? Is it necessary to run a thermostat? Any tips or advice appreciated. :)

· Registered
1,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Charles: as Racefiend said, there will be some pressure drop; however if you get a good cooler I expect the pressure drop would be minimal.

JCMF: I don't know what that cooler was for as it was disconnected when I bought the car, however it was originally auto so it was probably a trans cooler.

· Registered
1,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm planning to get the biggest oil cooler I can find and jam it in the inner guard. Getting airflow to it will be a challenge (may have to hack some ducts in the guard), but there's no way I'll get a decent size cooler in the front with all the other crap I have there!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.