Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Clout God
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I feel like its time for me to bring a little bit more life into my engine so does anyone have any recommendations on who or where to get a good full rebuild kit on the 5M-GE for an 86 supra p-type. Photos of the kit if you have it would be nice, since most websites where I find them seem to just have some generic default picture for it. :)

·
Premium Member
4,012 Posts
Rock Auto usually has a good selection of stuff at very reasonable prices.

You might want to look through the "engine" forum here. I'm sure this subject has come up before.

- Jim

·
Registered
9 Posts
85 Supra

So I feel like its time for me to bring a little bit more life into my engine so does anyone have any recommendations on who or where to get a good full rebuild kit on the 5M-GE for an 86 supra p-type. Photos of the kit if you have it would be nice, since most websites where I find them seem to just have some generic default picture for it. :)
If you're interested, I have an 85 5M-GE rebuilt engine I'd let go for $850 with a money-back guarantee. I'm in Tulsa. I originally bought it to swap into my TVR, but have lost interest after the stock market crash. The guy had the engine and tranny rebuilt, but the tranny failed after about 10 miles. Call me if interested. 918-492-8130.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a 1985 Supra that we are starting a head rebuild on. I haven't pulled the head off, but the compression is like 125, 125, 125, 100, 50 and 40. So I know we have issues. I can't finad any of my previous sources that have a full like of parts. Rock Auto doesn't show any valves for the 84 Supra, but they do for the 84 Cressida. I though it was the same engine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts