Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for Canadian suppliers of engine rebuild kits (rings, bearings, seals, gaskets) for the 5MGE. I know Canadian High Performance lists a 5MGE kit, but previous kits I've ordered from them seem to be essentially jobber kits.
They work, but I don't know if they are top-drawer stuff.

I also want to get a metal head gasket & ARP studs for a future turbo upgrade. Is there a Canadian supplier for those?
Or if anyone on the list has this stuff for sale, contact me.
Also looking for the turbo pieces; manifold, ct26 (or equivalent), down pipe etc.

While I'm at it, is there a W58 kit? ie new seals bearings, syncro's

Ken
[email protected]
kju[email protected]

·
Registered
3,291 Posts
Turbo goodies

Hi there. I've got a couple turbo goodies for sale. Exhaust manifold $75, and a good turbo for $200. I also offer a 3" cat-back system for $425, plus shipping. Downpipe? I offer a 3" mandrel bent down pipe for $265 (you will need custom work to mate it to the 3" cat-back). This DP replaces the restrictive factory turbo elbow, and provides great horsepower gains. If you are interested in any of these items, or custom 5mge/6mge turbo oil line kits, please drop me a line. I can also get ARP head studs, and metal head gaskets. Take care, and hope to hear from you soon.
-Aaron

·
Registered
4,558 Posts
well, Aaron has the shit, but like has been stated before, it hurts paying 2 or 3 times the price for stuff.

depending how its sent (personal gift customs declaration maybe) it gets really pricy.

·
Registered
306 Posts
as i already posted on the list, sealed power makes a "masters" kit, complete rebuild kit, check out catalogue and NAPA or CT.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Rebuild Kit

I did a little on-line research and despite selecting CANADIAN sites only (my one major complaint with Google; that check box is F9&*Y^*g USELESS) I ended up with mostly US online auto parts sites (a lot of which were also useless).

It is also real disappointing how FEW Canadian retailers have anything beyond a 1-page ass-wipe of an "on-line" store.

When I did find the Sealed power kit, it was over $700 USD without pistons.

Thats ridiculous! This is a Toyota, not a friggin' BMW!

The search continues.....

Ken

·
Super Moderator
10,626 Posts
stop by a Lordco and see what they can get for you. Get friendly with the parts guy (not in that way :wink: ) and the price will get real reasonable real quick

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Lordco

It would have to be on a chat line...daytime long-distance is a killer, and we don' have no Lordco locally...

Thx Tho..

·
Super Moderator
10,626 Posts
they ship, and I'm sure theres one very near you. They're all over BC. Just about every small town has one.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
best deal so far

Best I've found so far is CHP $390CDN for kit with Hastings rings, Cleavite bearings, & Victor gaskets. Anyone have any comments on these brands?

TIA
Ken

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Engine rebuild

Lucked out on ARP & the MHG (Burnaby A/P).

Just contacted Aaron to hopefully scoop the turbo & exhuast manifold. Should be able to start re-assembly in next 2 weeks.....

Ken
(soon to be "extra supra wow turbo guy")

·
Registered
306 Posts
Re: best deal so far

kjurkic said:
Best I've found so far is CHP $390CDN for kit with Hastings rings, Cleavite bearings, & Victor gaskets. Anyone have any comments on these brands?

TIA
Ken
clevite 77 is great.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
friendly - huh,,,,,huh,huh,huh,,,huh!

whaddyer expect from a POST HO from Vancouver :lol:

K

1 - 14 of 14 Posts