Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
568 Posts
lock and unlock the passenger side door next time. the alarm may have gone off durring the night or something my car goes off on windy days even tho the alarm has been disabled via the hood sensor. and my doorlocks open up by themselves on windy days...just like today.

· Registered
568 Posts
nonononononono

if the engine cranks the alarm isn't doing it. if the alarm has gone off everything just goes blank when you turn the key the starter doesn't get anything. the problem could be a bad pickup coil in the distributor if you pull engine codes it should tell you. also another way to tell if it's ignition related is to crank it for a while and then with a flashlight look down the tailpipe if there is a white misty gas in there it's getting gas but no spark.

ps. don't test if it's gas like i did. a match to the tailpipe makes a big bang lol!

also...if it's a pickup coil make sure you get a junkyard distributor anywhere else is like 300 bucks and NOBODY sells the pickup coils by themselves.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.