Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I ordered a 7mgte and it doesnt have the complete wiring harness. I know i cant just use any 7mgte wiring harness. But can i have the ECU off of any 7mgte repgrammed to work with my engine?? Any help or suggestions at all is appreciated.

·
Registered
174 Posts
if i understand your question right you need the right ecu for the right year engine and the right year wiring harness, the difference in the ecu's is the plug in's, i belive 87-88, 89-92 are different ecu's and harness's
(dont quote me on that:) anyways when you get your engine and know the year it was made you can then get the right wiring harness and ecu
hth

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
You will need either a 87/88 or 89-92 engine harness to match to your ECU.

Most of the part numbers for engine harnesses are different for all years.

Many MK3 owners have swapped JDM motors, utilizing their existing wiring harness.

At some point, the TPS changed, but I do not recall what year.

·
Registered
9,840 Posts
Jim is correct,but there are a few other differences in the 89-92 harness'.The plugs into the ECU are the same,but the plugs for the underdash harness change,as do the pinouts for those wires.

I have had 87,88,89,90 harness',the 87-8 were identical,89 all by itself,90 was different again.I just looked ata 92 harness yesterday,looks close "from memory" to the 90.I'll know fairly soon,as I will be helping Bill P. with his 7mgte,and pulling what little hair I have left,while figuring out the wiring again :lol:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sorry guys...thanks for the help if you didnt see ive also run into another problem with the steering rack......between this and helpin friends im quickly goin bald:))

1 - 6 of 6 Posts