Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
What exactly do you mean by no spark? Did you check for spark at end of plug wire? how bout at the coil wire? More info would be needed for better analysis here.
Christian

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
I assume, then, that you checked spark from plug wire to a ground. Next would be to pop off the coil wire off of the cap and check it's spark against a ground. Take notice of how long the spark is. It should be about .5 inch. If it's considerably less or not there at all, check the coil. Make sure your connections are right and also check resistancec across primary and secondary points. Unfortunately I don't have the specs for it, as my TSRM is at home and I'm not.

Christian

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Check that the ground from the neg bat post to the chassy is good. One recommendation I can make is to add grounds. The more grounds the better, especially on an old car like that. I've done 3 "daisy chain" ground setups. They cured a dimming light at idle problem and on the ae86 it actually cured a low rpm hesitation. On a car this old wires get old.
By daisychanining, what i mean is running a ground from the neg battery to the manifold somewhere (preferrably a nice 8 guage or bigger..available at kragen pre made) and then daisy chaining consecutive 10 guage wires from point to point. Like from the manifold to head, head to block, then block to chassy on other side of engine. Works great.

Christian

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Well, what I did was I ran a premade ground wire with beefy terminals (from kragen, think it was a little bigger than 8 guage) from the negative battery post to the intake manifold. From that same bolt on the manifold, I ran 10 gauge wire to the head. From that same bolt I ran another 10 guage to the pass side engine mount. From that I ran an 8 guage to the chassy. Makes a good ground loop. Whats funny is, I was recently looking at a turbo or scc mag, and some company came out with a "daisy chain" grounding kit, and actually patented it. I have no idea how you would patent that, especially when its wire that you mount as ground. Oh well. Hope that helps.

Christian

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.