Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
POTATO
17,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to justify the price the owner wants, since I'm so used to getting everything for ridiculously cheap or free... my perspective on things is a little warped.

These appear to be pretty clean wheels, and the tire tread is decent with the except of some typical camber wear on the rears.

What say you guys?

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
I would say any where from $500 and up and that would be a great deal. it looks like some go for around $1100 range in perfect condition with great tires.

what size iam guessing 15x7 offset? 0

they are really clean but you might end up having to replace the tires soon at least the rear. should look good on the soup

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
Doesn't look like any curbing and they're pretty clean. I'd be surprised if they go for less than $500 with decent rubber on them. I mean I'd like to pay less than that but they're worth at least that much...

·
POTATO
17,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cool, just making sure. I might be trading for cash plus my stock wheels to the guy. (after I confirm stockers fit, just read the 240 hub is too large but theres like NO info on this)

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Cool, just making sure. I might be trading for cash plus my stock wheels to the guy. (after I confirm stockers fit, just read the 240 hub is too large but theres like NO info on this)
always worth a shot to confirm it

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
Well if the 240 hub is larger, that's good. You can find spacers to make it hub centric again. It would be much worse if they were smaller!

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
Tanya,
I've regularly seen Enkei 92's sell in the $400 range - particularly in the 15x7 size.

16s will bring a bit more, but their are a lot of Enkei 92s out their - and they were not an expensive wheel when they were new.

Are you set on white centers? If he wants too much for them, I've got some gold center ones I'd talk to you about.

·
Registered
683 Posts
I usually see these sell for $100-150 a pair, but not as clean as these. You should check the condition of the backsides.

·
POTATO
17,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I don't care WHAT color the centers are, as they will be black when I get my hands on them :)

I'm really trying to avoid having wheels shipped to me as that raises the price to more than what I honestly want to pay. These white meshies are in Miami, and I'm up for the drive.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
They should fit, I remember seeing locally a few years back a 240 with P-Type wheels. If you want, I could verify they fit. My buddy has his 240 on Jackstands and Im gonna be trying out his sportmaxes so I'll throw my stockers on and see if they fit.

·
POTATO
17,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
^Cool, if not soon, then I'll be trying mine on my friends 240 tomorrow hopefully.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
I was probably gonna do it tomorrow, as it's raining pretty heavy here in NYC. Will keep you updated anyway, I wanted to try it for my own personal reason.

Also, I shoudl be getting a set of 15x7 Enkei 92s for about $350 with almost new tires. Sucks that the tires are 195/50/15. They came off a friend's 510.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Do you know what is the offset? On that pic, it look like something close to 25mm offset... If it would be close to 0 offset, the rim should be closer to the fender.

·
POTATO
17,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I think in the last pic it has to do with how the car is sitting on possibly unlevel ground.

The owner actually doesn't know the offset, but I wasn't planning on giving im all the $ until I could test fit one to be sure anyway.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Those don't look to be 0 offset. They look like +20 something, although pics are deceiving.

Ask for a pic of the back side to make sure. I bought and had shipped my enkei 98's from a Nissan guy. They usually run an offset in the 20's on at least one set of wheels, but I was upset when I saw the +23 stamp.

They look to be in very nice shape, though!

·
POTATO
17,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

waiting now, for pics of the back of the wheels I guess.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Just by the lips they definitely look like +25.

·
POTATO
17,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I wish I could see what you guys see, they don't look look to me much different than my old ones

·
Registered
244 Posts
those will look sweet with black centers. do old 280Z wheels fit? or do you need hub spacer. i have a friend thats been buggin me me to buy a set of smooth chrome rims from him. 15x7 i think. sorry i didnt mean to thread jack. i was just woundering the samething. what are they worth? no idea the brand. again sorry.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts