Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i was browsing our insurance company today thinking about what i am going to buy for boxing day with holiday bonus and found a high mileage lexus es300 that has been hit in the rear end it has a reserve bid and i am going to put a bid in and hopefully i get it maybe put a bid in for 666.66 reasons being its a left hand drive front sump so swaping will be easier and non turbo which is easier and closer which is easier and... well it was running before it was hit... and its all there and cheaper opinions please bought another supra for 100 bux that needs a great paint job wich i am dying to do and want the challenge of a engine swap that is atleast feasable... this is going to be a complete diy time killer that i can sink cash jobs that i do on the side back into and with the possibility of picking up chicks in... merry christmas everyone

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
oh and i plan on taking the stock stereo and intake and converting my other supra back to completely stock condition and buffing the wheels and polishing and cleaning and doing all the modifications to the new one so i dont bugger up my pride... then show time

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
found a high mileage lexus es300 well it was running before it was hit...
why will you buy a high mileage one? are you planning to do tear down the engine? i will never buy an engine if i dont hear it running, unless ill took it apart.

just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
imma take it apart i dont know y u wouldnt anyhow its out of the car re ring it and re seal it get another 100 000 k out of it gotta remember if it was on the road before it was hit it was obviously driving... just my own opinion and well for 600 bux if i get it im sure its worth all the little things that u will need fuel pump maybe body harness and such... well if the engine is shot all ill have to do is later just buy another 2jz without the harness and clip and transmission and... the engine itself isnt what cost all of the money its the little things

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Ok just to make sure everyone is on the same page, you meant to say an IS300 which has a 2JZGE and not an ES300 which is a FWD V6 right?

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well fml i thought all lexus 300's had the 2j well hmm... guess im going to quit dreaming and spend christmas

·
Registered
309 Posts
ES300 = Camry, sorry man...Keep looking, I have seen some craigslist deals on RWD lexus' in the past.

·
Registered
386 Posts
nevermind, sorry to dig one up

1 - 11 of 11 Posts