Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
earlier today my father was taken to the er after being hit in the face with a falling 2x10 chunk of wood, while at the hospital beside him, i passed out from low blood sugar after not having eatin for a while, fell foward and slammed head first into the tile floor.. after leaving the er and making it home i picked up my girlfriend who is also having problems with her parents divorce.. we were headin out to the river near by to talk and just relax after the events of the day.. when we realized the dirtroad to the river was shut down. so i turned around to head to another area on the river.. shortly after coming off the damp dirt road i came through a left hand down hill turn minding the speed limit to the best of my knowledge, and the front right tire hit a patch of crud on the edge of the pavement, the tire jerked slightly right enough to force the car off the lip of the asphalt. when i tried to slow down and come back the rear locked up from the sand/mud on the tires.. the rear came around and we went off a ten foot embankment down into a patch of oaks. the car luckily stayed up right. she had her seatbelt on and i had my NRG innovations 4pt that i just installed on. she was fine other then a few scrapes from broken windshield i walked out with out as much as a hair out of place. the car is trashed however.. i have put everything i had into it trying to make it to the meet in commerce ga. in june.. all i lacked was getting it sprayed.. i learned all to well today that you have no control over anything that happens. im lucky to be sitting here typing this right now and im lucky to still have my dad. i wish that anyone who should read this please just remember how quickly it can end. my family narrowly escaped two loses today. please stay alert, know where your at, and dont ever underestimate anything when your life and the lives of your loved ones depends on you. have a safe night everyone.

ps she will be rebuilt and i will be at that show.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Ouch! It's a good thing you managed to keep the car upright! Sorry about the car..

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
damn man :( glad you and the lady are okay. sorry about your car though. hope your dad gets better :) and i wish you and your girlfriend happy days in these dark gloomy ones.

take care dude.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
im already in the process of trying to find a decent shell to start back with. i really did love that car and i had alot of blood sweat and tears in it. but it CAN be rebuilt and im gonna try. thanks for all the kind words and god bless!!!!!!

·
Registered
230 Posts
Just remember, your not starting from square one, my best to your paw and girl.

·
Registered
149 Posts
best of wishes man, glad to here everyone is going to be ok. You seem to have the right attitude about everything and thats more then half the battle.

·
Registered
4,181 Posts
When it rains, it pours.

·
Registered
5,206 Posts
Justin, Sorry for your loss. Let me know if I can help with anything. Tyler called me at work and told me about it. I'll come check it out some time. I also told him where to go to get you a shell. We'll make a trip of it sometime. Later.

-Cody

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
Hope all is and goes well for your dad. Also glad to hear that you and your girlfriend are also okay. Glad you were both buckled in.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Stay in There

Sorry bout the car man, and I'm happy everything worked out with ur dad and u walking away from it in one piece. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thanks guys! cody- were on a pretty hard hunt for a decent p type shell i can drop my motor into. hoping to hear a new lucy running within the month!

·
Registered
5,206 Posts
Theirs a '84, and '85 P-type shell in a junkyard in Lavonia. Next saturday off, I'll take ya down if you want. The '84 is black, '85 is red.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
cody- tyler took me there today but in the mist of snow they tucked tail and ran:duh: anywho yes i want the black 84 tyler said what it needs i have as far as it needs a hatch and the rear interior, and seats. all that is really wrong inside mine is the perfectly mint dash got squished:32: and the passenger door panel is no longer perfect. other then that my back seat front seats console and the entire rear trucnk area of mine is unscathed. my hatch WAS fine nti the tree i hit got dragged down the side and it dented the very corner not bad ill leave it for now. do you know what he would take for it???

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Glad you are all okay and that you're finding another shell. I hope you learned what you did wrong to cause the accident, and become a better driver from it. Taking curves on wet roads, on a downhill, at the speed limit is NOT a good idea! The speed limit is set at IDEAL conditions i.e. dry roads. Better judgement will come with age and experience, and hopefully luck will keep you out of trouble in the meantime.

I don't know exactly how your seatbelt was set up, but four point harnesses are NOT recommended by themselves with the p-type seats. You need a proper roll cage/cross bar, at the correct height behind the seats, to mount the shoulder belts to. Otherwise in a bad enough crash, the seat can recline, causing the shoulder harness to crush your spine and possibly paralyze you. Luckily your accident wasn't that bad, so again you got lucky.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts