Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Right on Ray, drop by Halifax anytime! :mm_emthup:cool:

It`s been one helluva trip...never easy to make something from scratch and then have it disappear - figuratively and literally.

I think just the front section with the fins on the defrost vent is a good compromise. We`d need a good model, `cuz I lost my vents in the process of losing everything. The dogpile panel you`ve got was the first prototype cooling panel I made. No vacuum.

I trust my new vacuum degasser will help (purchased with proceeds of Supra 7 sale) :woot:

I just poured some new whisker moulds and pulled the first of my new cf cooling panels, soon to be unveiled. :woohoo:

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Could you make samples from less than perfect examples? For example, by repairing a mold made from them. If so, LMK and I'll send you a couple less than perfect ones to work with.
Maybe I could take the Bluenose from Bah Habbah or something else from Portland. Or make the drive to NB from central Maine to visit my sister in St. John and nieces and nephews all over the province. Better get a better security system soon! Something good enough to detect aliens approaching from outer space!

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
There's no point using less-than-perfect models, it's pretty straight forward if we just go with the front section and the fins. I'd prefer to make a proper mould when I get around to it, but thanks for the offer. Alien scanner, hmmm, now there's an idea. I'll try to synth one into my cold-fusion controller :hahano:

21 - 23 of 23 Posts