Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well my buddie Keven just and i mean just at 5 pm today bought a 85 hardtop black mk2 5 speed. the car came with a extra 6-2-1 header in the back that he didn't want so i traded him a couple speakers i had laying around, now i have a new to me (old) pacesetter 6-2-1 header its a 2 peace header at least i think its pacesetter but any who its going on the car as soon as it gets wrapped, ill try to post the some pics of the install.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
at the back end of the 6-2 it measured 2in and from the back end of the 2-1 it was 2 1/4

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
You might want to rethink wrapping it. Heat causes warpage, and it will also rust out faster. I never wrapped mine, and I've had it for close to 10 years now. It doesn't really make much difference in power, unless you upgrade your WHOLE exhaust system and air intake system. The Pacesetters need a lot of reworking to reach their full potential.

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
If you wrap it to well it will sag badly. btdt

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hmmm maybe i wont wrap it ill just paint it and put it on the car

thanks for all the input guys

·
POTATO
17,324 Posts
get it ceramic coated. you can talk to rabidchimp about getting that done.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well i went the cheap way and bought some vht very high temp paint its kinda like ceramic coating says its able to handle 1300 to 2000 Fahrenheit im going to see how that works

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
you have to insulate/paint the inside surfaces which are exposed to the source of heat to keep the metal piping walls from possibly overheating and sagging. Only painting the outside will keep the heat in (good for airflo) which may cause the piping wlls to overheat. Paint is prolly not a good thermal barrier so painting any surface will prolly not change things much from not painting at all but if you can do the insides it might be worth a try. a tc temp monitor on the outside wall at the junction of the 6 tubes collector) where it will be the hottest is a good idea.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts