Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i got the wheel and tire situation taken care of but now i need some opinions on exhaust. im looking for a good sounding exhaust...i already looked at the FAQ but i want some opinions on exhaust u guys have on your cars. i dont want something real real loud and annoying but something with a nice growl at idle and decent sounding when u get on it. ive been looking at brullen mufflers--i like the way they look and i heard they really sound good but im not sure how much they would cost and what not, but any opinions or links to threads about exhaust would be helpful. thanks,
parker

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
Most people will say Magnaflow, which I had but now with the turbo I run a PowerTech with a resonator. My car is a daily driver and I can't have it too loud.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
it all comes down to one thing and that is "how much do you want to spend?" i chose a apexi n1 and last exhaust was the blitz nurspec which i changed to apexi n1 because that thing was way too loud for me..

charlie

·
Registered
290 Posts
If you want a really loud, and good sounding exhaust get a Flowmaster muffler, pacesetter header, and a 5 in. tip. Its loud but not too loud 8)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i just ordered a Magnaflow SS series muffler with dual 3.5" tips. never heard one before but i liked the way they look and i have heard they enhance performance and give u a real nice sound

·
Registered
3,433 Posts
my buddy has a trd header with a custom bent 2" exhaust and a magnaflow muffler on his ae86 and the thing sounds like shit, i don't know which muffler he has but its a single tip and it sounds bad. The ironic thing is that my brother's ae86 had original manifold with the normal pipes and his muffler rusted completely off, i've never heard a better sounding exhaust on any car, any size, any time, i mean this thing sounds like a race car, its not too loud and its not too high pitched just a perfect tone from idle to redline, i was amazed...he's had soo many ppl ask him what he has on it...lol quite funny actually....

but i guess to get to my point is has anyone else not liked the magnaflow mufflers...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts