Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cannot keep my backend from sliding out in the rain no traction real bad what a good 245/50/14 tire that will do something better then having to drive like grandma off the line. It is so bad that I can get beet by a yugo off the line

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
Hey, you can't knock a guy for hanging out the tail with little or damage to the car or tires because of the rain. I love sliding around corners when it's wet!

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
r

My car has a 4:30 rear so as soon as I let the clutch out it slips its the rear thats kills me so a better tire might help a little but a 3:73 would also help. I have a 98 Ram Air and a 99 Ram Air on top of the supra I just wanted a better commuter car than a corolla so I went to A supra my Dads old type of car he had plus I am restoring two other Supras because these cars are great. Its just so bad in the rain I was actually going about 35 and changed gears in the rain and the back end kicked out. Thats bullshit I would hate to go back to the corolla a girls car but I have to do something

·
Registered
9,445 Posts
Do the tires first, before doing the diff ratio... With the stickier tires (now you see why we keep mentioning the Sumitomo's instead of these other tires w/ the 400+AB ratings), you will accelerate better out of the hole. And in some cases, the softer/stickier tires will grip better in the rain!!! Such is the case w/ my Yokohama A509's.

More reasons why we tell everyone to avoid some of these "other" cheap tires, like Cooper Cobra's or those Les Schwab Grand Am Radials. They just suck in some weather conditions.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Nawwww....My Les Schwab Grand Am's performed flawlessly this morning in our freak thunderstorm. They allow me to pretend I have 1000hp from idle to redline. :) Drifting with ease....with or without provacation. :?

"No Mr. Officer, I didn't do that on purpose. That was my car.....this time.)

Nick

·
Registered
9,840 Posts
Tires are everthing.I had a set of the old "Torque Twisters" on a 67 Dodge R/T.Went to leave the car wash,swapped ends with a throttle "BLIP"
Needless to say,the tires got sold very quickly,though not much better Radial T/A's were all I could get at the time.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Two words my friends, MICHELIN PILOTS !!
Well worth the dough, stick so good in the wet you sometimes forget and get cocky

·
Registered
733 Posts
I will have a set of Pilots for sale. Mounted and balanced on good condition stock rims. They have maybe 5K on them.

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
s

Sorry ts too expensve to ship but anybody else has any opinion on 235s or 245 on a stock car. Which should I go for not caring about price since I can get tires at cost

1 - 13 of 13 Posts