Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally decided which path to take with my seats. After changing the interior to black and blue from the very aged stock blue, I needed to figure out how I wanted to improve my seats.

After months of research, I decided to go the cheap route and dye them. I found a side bolster to replace the shredded left side of the driver's seat, then I was able to have a decent base from which to launch. During the process I also decided to make new seat backs with plastic chrome trim.

The seats in good repair except for the seat back

After disassembling, the color starts to go on

Results

I used some wrinkle-textured plastic sheeting for the backs

Installed

Did the back seats as well

The side and door panels are a little different in color from the dye, so I'll take care of them later. Two days of monkey work and breathing fumes left me with a big enough headache to realize that I need a respirator instead of a dust mask. :duh:

We'll see how well this holds up.

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
^^Agree with above. Not a fan of the blue (gives it that ricey look), but it would look better with solid colored inserts sewn over the striped cloth. I realize this was probably just the quick "for now" edition of this project, so enjoy your new look! :)

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you for the kind words and opinions. Dan, you're right that this is a temporary solution. I would like to have them professionally recovered someday, but not until I am completely satisfied with the color choices. I like it now, but I may change my mind later.

84PType said that his carpet has been holding up for about a year now using this product. I've also done my carpet, but it hasn't been long enough to make a definative opinion as of yet.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts