Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if door speakers like this was a factory option or is this a home job where someone cut holes in the door cards?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Home job. Dontcha think a factor job would have looked a bit more... eh... professional?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S10+ using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Home job. Dontcha think a factor job would have looked a bit more... eh... professional?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S10+ using Tapatalk
Yes, but it was from a salvage yard so I thought speaker grills might have just been removed. But obviously there never were any!

·
Founding Member
6,250 Posts
Mk2 Supras never came with speakers in the doors. CD's came out in the mid-80s and by the late 80s, cassette tapes were old news and everybody had to have an aftermarket head unit with a CD player. But if you were going to install a new head unit, you might as well spring for a whole new system with more amps and bigger speakers too. Or that was the line the salesman at the stereo shop would use anyway. A whole bunch of Supra door cards got cut up to fit aftermarket speakers. At least its just carpet. That flappy part they cut is actually supposed to be a map pocket with an elastic cord at the top. Any competent auto upholstery shop could repair them. I forget the exact paint code, but SEM Colorcoat comes in a blue that is a near perfect match or at least it used to. The code is posted on here somewhere.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts