Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this guy near me is selling an MA61 that has "factory" t-bar roof. the guy aparently ordered it from the dealership like this, is this guy talking out his arse or have other people seen MA61s with factory t- roof?

·
Super Moderator
8,416 Posts
BS. If it has t-tops they are aftermarket. There are some photos floating around the net of MkIIs with t-top jobs done.

·
Super Moderator
10,583 Posts
t bar? that term is usually associated with T roofs. Targe tops are something completely different. But yeah, either way its bull or he got the year wrong and its actually an MA70. Happens all the time, especially when your specificlly looking for an 86. Man that was annoying, trying to figure out what generation a supra is from a person that dosen't know their cars, especilly when that person doesn't speak english very well.

·
Registered
7,111 Posts
:shock: Is it just me or is that thing nasty

·
Registered
793 Posts
Oh, I dunno. There's just something about having every friggin' piece of interior wrapped in a fuzzy velour cloth, including the steering wheel!!!!

Yes, it's pretty ugly alright!!!

·
Registered
430 Posts
Like top absolutly hate interior

ewwww

Flyin' Hawaiian said:
Oh, I dunno. There's just something about having every friggin' piece of interior wrapped in a fuzzy velour cloth, including the steering wheel!!!!

Yes, it's pretty ugly alright!!!

·
Registered
229 Posts
I saw a targa Mk2 last year in Perth. Urrrgghhh! Nasty hack job! But it did have a 1GGTE (and was Mk2, not XX). I wish I'd grabbed the owners' details (had brief chat in carpark) - could have put up photos.

The things people do to their Supras!

- Justin

·
Registered
202 Posts
could you find someone to make a targa for you professionally? Is there actually anyone that does that? I'd be nice to do it if I can have it look like it came stock that way. 8)

·
Registered
13,131 Posts
Henge said:
could you find someone to make a targa for you professionally? Is there actually anyone that does that? I'd be nice to do it if I can have it look like it came stock that way. 8)
You ever drive a wet noodle down the road? You will know what I mean once you hack apart the roof.

--billyM
Viva La Unibody Rigidity!

·
Registered
9,445 Posts
Yes folks, it's a T-Top, not a Targa.

Still though, I have not heard of any JDM Spec, or AUS Spec MKII's that came w/ T-Tops from the factory. The 85 JDM CelicaXX Sales Brochure does not list a T-Top option anywhere, just the usual Power Sunroof.

I personally still think that it's aftermarket.. Who knows at this point.

·
Registered
793 Posts
My first car audio installation job was for a shop that did sunroof installations too. We'd get a few cars a month straight from the dealership to add a stereo and sunroof or T-top, before the car was actually sold to anybody.
I'm pretty sure that's how it got installed, but if you really wanna find out, just call Toyota of North America (or Aus, since that's the market this one is from) and tell them you're doing some research on the Supra. They'll tell ya if there was ever a factory option for a T-top...

·
Super Moderator
10,583 Posts
alot of dealers out there offer leather interiors for cars that they sell that never came with them from the factory. They send them to places like the leather shop I'm dealing with right now for the seat skin gb, then sell them new with the leather interior. Hawaiian is probably right, likely the same deal with this car. Though the carsounds sweet, I'd love to get some better pics of it.

·
Registered
999 Posts
Targa is just a word Porsche made up. It means the roof is movable/removable, /not/ a convertable. The car still has full doors an roof rails. Like a 2CV I guess :lol:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts