Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:?: I have narrowed my tire choice to two tires. The Falken Ziex ZE-502's and the Sumitomo HTR-4's. They are within $20 total shipped price of each other and was curious as to which one would be a better choice. Thanks,
Juan

·
Registered
310 Posts
how much does a set cost for each make.

·
Registered
9,445 Posts
Oh heck, only a $20.00 difference???

Go with the Sumitomo's, they are the stickier tire (my preference).

If you like the looks of a directional tire, then get the Falken's.

Up to you. :D

·
Founding Member
6,423 Posts
Both have been reviewed and blessed by members herein. I just put on a set of the sumitomos a week ago and I like them very much so far. Very sticky, hard to break rear loose now on dry pavement. I picked them over the Falkens because of the lower UTQG rating which may mean a slightly softer compound plus I know people locally who autox on Sumitomos and like them. I don't personally know anyone to have autocrossed on the Falkens, perhaps a member can chime in with a review.

Phil D.

·
Registered
138 Posts
i am going with the sumos cause they are a direct replacement for the stock tires, i think the falkens are 195s, where the sumos are 225

·
Registered
7,111 Posts
marlowmk2 said:
i am going with the sumos cause they are a direct replacement for the stock tires, i think the falkens are 195s, where the sumos are 225
there are some falkens with 225/60/14
www.vulcantire.com

·
Registered
19 Posts
had sumitumos behind the 1J supra, was very impressed with their performance, traction and stopping in particular.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
just my note on the sumitumos. I had these on my old car and while they did drive nice and are sticky they diden't last very long.

will

·
Registered
138 Posts
my bad, now i really have to make a decision

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
sorry i dident keep the greatest records and at the time was pretty hard on my tires. I do know that it wasen't a year befor they needed replacement. I seemed to get much longer ware on my cooper cobras. (which I would also suggest looking into at about the same price range as the sumitomos).

will

1 - 15 of 15 Posts