Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
well that sounds like a blower resistor needed to be replaced...

·
Registered
9,445 Posts
As Jay mentioned, the fan resistor has crapped out. Toyota still sells them, not sure who else would. You MUST use the one for the MA Supra, the one for the RA Celica will not work. Different shape (won't even fit) & it does not have the 4th plug for the AUTO setting.

Resistor is easy to access. Remove glovebox door & glovebox.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Dave Anders knows the resistor P/N - he got a bunch a few years ago from Toyota. I have it in my car working well... Jay B

·
Registered
4,871 Posts
Page 3-8 in the Haynes manual. I have the part number written down somewhere but my desk is a mess at the moment. The part number used to be listed in the parts database on the MKII Yahoo list, but it doesn't appear to be there any longer. New blower resistors are still available from Toyota and I think the price is still right around $5.00 U.S.. Maybe I should try and order another batch while they're still available for such a steal! :wink:

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
Batch

Heyy I'll throw in on a batch, I just cleaned my blower motor and the resistor was nothing more than ceramic dust......Now the heat works OK, but I'm getting ready to revamp the AC so I will try to get a resistor.

I wish that I remembered to take a picture of the softball sized wad of fluff I pulled out of the blower......

1 - 12 of 12 Posts