Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had never occured to me to ask about this because I'm not sure if its a problem with my 85 supra or my 84 supra (my 81 is a different story all together, it has the to fast idle that you have to ingage with your foot :? ).
but anyway, my 85's cold start sends the revs shooting up the 2000 rpm... and when I recently bought the 84' for its front clip, I had noticed when I fired it up, its cold start wasn't neer as loud and scary, and it ran fine after sitting for at least 2 months. so Im just curiois which cold start is normal (stock).

and if it is a problem with the '85, could someone give me a clue on how to correct it? *note* I have two of everything interchangeable between years 84 and 85 and both cars have the 5m-ge

thanks for your help.

oh yeah, I just thought of this... has anyone had problems with their headlights flipping up and turning on when it gets really cold out -7 to -10C*? It has baffled me. although it didn't happen this winter it annoyed me last year in the form of a dead battery.

sorry this is so friggin long :)

·
Registered
28 Posts
From what Ive seen, especially with MY 85, is that when its lets say below 40 degrees, least for me, that usually the RPM's shoot up to around 2000 for about 45 seconds or so, then slowly works its way down. From other posts on here though I would have to agree that if it is a problem... ALOT of us have it, but I would say its just one of those "toyota mysteries'. Doesnt make sense but was surely part of the design. :)

·
Registered
202 Posts
My 84's do the same thing...when it's a really cold morning...below 40 degrees... the idel stays around 2000rpm's for about a min or two...then it's back down to normal when it's heated up decient. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts