Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
8,519 Posts
saving yall the click...

Chn7 Detroit Action News said:
(WXYZ.com) - The FBI is confirming raids at the offices of three Michigan auto suppliers who do work for Toyota.

Search warrants were served Tuesday evening at Yazaki North America, DENSO International and Tokai Rika. Yazaki sells electronic components and DENSO makes accelerator pedals.

Law enforcement sources say the raids are part of an ongoing anti-trust investigation of the companies. They say this is not a criminal investigation and not related to the current acceleration problems. Department of Justice spokesperson Gina Talamona said "The Antitrust Division is investigating the possibility of anti-competitive cartel conduct of automotive electronic components suppliers. We are coordinating with the European Commission and other foreign competition authorities."

DENSO has released the following statement:

"DENSO International America, Inc. (DIAM), U.S. subsidiary of DENSO Corporation, was inspected on February 23, 2010 by the U.S. Federal Bureau of Investigation and the U.S. Department of Justice in regard to U.S. antitrust laws. DIAM is cooperating with this investigation."

Yazaki also issued a statement:

Federal authorities issued search warrants to Yazaki Corp., including Yazaki North America, on February 23. As part of the investigation, government officials visited Yazaki North America’s Canton, Michigan headquarters and Lexington, KY and Columbus, OH facilities.

Yazaki is fully cooperating with authorities. At this point, we are not in a position to disclose any additional information as we have not been informed of the details of the investigation.

Yazaki is committed to servicing their customers and this investigation will not impact the level of service that we continue to supply to our customers.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
GM and Chrysler's owners (Obama's army) just want to see what prices Toyota is getting the parts for. Funny how the suppliers are only Japanese ( Not 100% sure ), and Denso is part owned by Toyota.

·
Registered
6,312 Posts
So what happened? They just came in and said show me the paper-trail, then left? Thats some nice mud in the face, jeez. I know, we should kick Toyota out of the US and loose MORE JOBS!

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
I like how they're highlighting the fact that Denso makes accelerator pedals. Like they don't make anything else...

·
Registered
379 Posts
salem witch hunt it is!

douches

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The Toyota Witch Hunt

http://www.businessweek.com/lifestyle/content/feb2010/bw20100225_403524.htm

I verified the NHTSA numbers in the article. Good read, 3 pages long.

Actual complaint on NHTSA # 10302477 ( http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/complaints/ )

"I HAVE NOTICED THAT MY 2009 CAMRY IDLES VERY FAST AND THE DEALER SAYS THIS IS NORMAL. MY AROUND TOWN GAS MILEAGE IS WAY OFF FROM THE ORIGINAL ESTIMATES!!!!!SEVERAL TIMES I HAVE NOTICED THAT THE ACCELERATION WILL DROP OFF THE SECOND THAT I TAKE MY FOOT OFF THE PEDAL. PLEASE ADVISE ASAP!!!!!!!!!*CW "

·
Registered
3,767 Posts
So wait, when your foot is removed from the pedal, acceleration is supposed to stop? WHY HASN'T ANYONE TOLD ME THIS??

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah I had it wrong this whole time.

Anyways, GM is blaming Toyota suppliers for the Chevy Cobalt problems with steering.

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/53960ada-2607-11df-b2fc-00144feabdc0.html

Lets jump on the blame anything attached to Toyota is faulty bandwagon.
That Ford of mine that left me stranded 6 in first 2000 miles of its life was Toyo's problem. My other Ford I had, its gas pedal was sticking, but made you launch the car at stop signs, it jerked when you hit the gas, that is as long as it stayed in gear. And my friends Ford, Burned to a crisp, 19 repair jobs before it burned for two hours (foam truck had to be called, magnesium fire).
http://www.jtraycompany.com/rumble.html

LOL I don't have my Supra anymore, but sure wish I could have afforded to make it like new. I have a 2009 Rav4 now, and I like it. My Scion xB is fine except a squeak in the windshield.

I just have to remember to drive by cruise only, all my Toyota's do/did the same thing, I take my foot of the gas it slowed down.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
funny they make a big deal out of it when its a japanese recall (are they insinuating toyotas never break so the recall is shocking?) Look at all the American recalls over the years, and thats only after they are forced to do the recalls! Remember the ford/firestone recall? That actually killed over 100 people, and was later determined that other SUV's didnt not have any problems using the same tires, but that it was the explorers suspension at fault. Maybe no one was suprised at a ford recall like they are with a toyota recall.

(and ford waited till however many people died to take responsibility)

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I read the recall started at 21 deaths, but then it ballooned to over 250. One thing I found that says 271 (see bottom).

The figures for Toyota are still growing, people don't want to believe that a family member died because of driver error. It's very difficult to prove that it wasn't driver error. Audi blamed the drivers, they were right, but the people rejected it.

" U.S. Department of Transportation National Highway Traffic and Safety Administration ("NHTSA") Bridgestone/Firestone to recall 6.5 million Firestone ATX and Wilderness tires following the death of 271 people and more than 700 injuries attributed to defective tire separation.

NHTSA found that Firestone’s ATX and Wilderness tires, which were predominately used as original equipment on Ford Explorer SUVs, had inferior belt wedge thickness, poor shoulder design and inadequate belt adhesion levels. Further analysis by outside experts found that the rubber used to manufacture the tires may have been contaminated and/or substandard. "

·
Registered
13 Posts
funny they make a big deal out of it when its a japanese recall (are they insinuating toyotas never break so the recall is shocking?) Look at all the American recalls over the years, and thats only after they are forced to do the recalls! Remember the ford/firestone recall? That actually killed over 100 people, and was later determined that other SUV's didnt not have any problems using the same tires, but that it was the explorers suspension at fault. Maybe no one was suprised at a ford recall like they are with a toyota recall.

(and ford waited till however many people died to take responsibility)
Amen to that! I was driving one of those death traps when the tire blew out and sent me almost into a golf course but I was stopped by a stump that totalled the thing. Oh and guess what it was on Bridgestones not the firestones that were the supposed cause.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts