Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a sweet '85 digital cluster arrive this morning. Even had the Fedex upgrade on it. The shipper packed it and he packed it very well, but the box is in rough shape through shipping, and now I have to repair a part I could have bolted in, and used today.

The cluster is broken, and the trip computer is hanging together by one little piece of plastic. Great. I looooove shipping companys.

·
Registered
5,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I took the cover apart to check the rest out. The white backing is broken in half, and most of the internals are cracked. It's screwed.

·
Super Moderator
8,366 Posts
Geez who packed that thing?

·
Registered
5,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's not all the packing. Most of it was removed then I flipped the box over to remove hunks of what once was cluster.

·
Premium Member
4,040 Posts
That packing sucks, not Fedex's fault.

I have found Fedex to be THE BEST of the available shippers...

--billyM
Dunno about the packaging, but I gotta agree. Fedex is usually pretty damn good. Sucks about the parts!

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
it should have been wrapped around with better packaging materials and contained in a bigger box to make up for packaging materials. i think fedex IMO have been good too, its just the box looks too small to allow for much packaging materials. all i can see is air packs underneath and there looks to be nothing to support the surrounding frames of the gauge cluster.

·
Registered
6,255 Posts
Definately not packaged well enough. And I ship and receive parts everyday. Anyone that has ever bought anything from me can tell you how well I package things....and you have to because UPS and Fed Ex both fuck shit up. Putting "FRAGILE" decals on it makes them handle it even worse IMO. That's why you have to overpack the shit out of anything you ship.

BTW the Fed Ex truck knocked our A/C off of the side of our building for the 3rd TIME!!!!!! Just last week. So yeah, I don't particularly like Fed Ex either.

·
Registered
5,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That isn't all of the packing material that was used as I stated earlier in the thread. It was surrounded with material, and the box was full. The box itself looks horrible, like someone tried playing football with it or something. I had forgotten my spare '82 digi I got from someone at the Georgia meet. I have already rebuilt it and put it in my '82, so it was able to be saved anyway. /end rant

·
Registered
162 Posts
I remember fedex delivering me a laptop with a busted screen and a pretty smashed up looking box. I'm still not sure to blame fedex for carelessness or the shipper for not putting a piece of styrofoam inbetween the two end ones. I dunno didn't care because I found the same computer local. Fedex paid the seller and i got my money back.

·
Registered
612 Posts
I recently bought a mint tail light on Ebay, guy packed it up nice and neat and shipped it with fedex. They beat it up so bad they had to repackage it along the way, and very poorly I might add. The light showed up in pieces. Guy was very nice and gave me a full refund. I was a senseless death to a minty tail light. I concur with Cody's previous statement.

-John

·
Registered
5,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks for the offer, I appreciate it. I found parts from another digital dash in my parts stash, and luckily I kept the back. Thanks for the offer though! :)

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Sucks to see perfectly good, rare parts ruined senselessly like that, but I'm glad you were able to piece something together. Now you can assemble all of the leftover broken pieces and take it up with Fedex for a refund!

On another note, this is an example of why there should be a "how to pack parts" sticky thread at the top of the Parts for Sale section. We could all submit pics of how we packed certain parts to keep them safe, so others would have a clue when they sell something.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
I ship all the time and pack well enough that insurance claims, if necessary (very rarely), aren't denied. When I ship Fedex or Post Office there is automatically $100 worth of insurance. I suggest that recipients take pictures if the packaging looks damaged before opening, and of the damaged contents. As the shipper I'm the one who has to make the insurance claim and then I refund the customer on settlement. Ask your seller to file a claim with Fedex.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts