Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
wanted to start ordering parts for all the tubing work i need to do (fule return and feed, power steering return and feed)
Summit racing has a -6 an fule line (3 feet of it) with a few random fittings for $40.
I poked around on summit for a bit and it seems to me the right way to go about this is to pick up the inverted flair to AN adapter fittings
http://www.summitracing.com/search/...pe/AN-to-Inverted-Flare-Fittings/?Ns=Rank|Asc
Then i will have to cut the fule lines, flair the ends (with the approprate line end) and spin on a female/female adapter, then the inverted flare to AN adapter.

So i have a fiew quick questions.
-what is the NPT inverted flare fitting size for the power steering rack lines?
-What is the NPT inverted flare fitting size for the fuel feed line?
-What is the NPT inverted flare fitting size for the fuel return line?

Last question I had,
I am planning to eliminate the charcoal canister. Can I then just plug the fuel tank vent tube and get a vented fuel cap?

·
Registered
218 Posts
for the power steering line just go to a napa they know he size and at most paces can cut and put ends on for you and hydraulic hose works best for ps

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
All of those fittings are metric and not NPT, so your SOL there. Also, what is the reason for using high cost fittings and hoses when stock lines are available?

For power steering I used 16x1.5 metric adapters with copper crush washers. Works great and cost was low.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
All of those fittings are metric and not NPT, so your SOL there. Also, what is the reason for using high cost fittings and hoses when stock lines are available?

For power steering I used 16x1.5 metric adapters with copper crush washers. Works great and cost was low.
there are stock lines avalible?
*remember im running a 1uzfe in the car*

The metric is not an issue, as i have to flair the ridged lines any way, i can put what ever end on it I wish.... I guess on the feed and return line all i need to do is measure the line diameter...

Ill have to check out NAPA then, i didnt know they had that much info/ability there. thank you...

any ideas on eliminating the vent line? is it as simple as I think (plugging the line off and getting a vented cap)?

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Ahh, did not know you had a swap. Ok, like I said the ports in the steering rack are 16mm x 1.5mm thread pitch. Buy some of those fittings and you should be good. I used -6an to 16mmx1.5 adapters and ran Teflon braided line and fittings from Russel's. I found a speed shop that carries a 16mm banjo bolt to -6 Teflon fitting for my PS pump and all works great. By doing this I have flex line from the pump to the rack, then a short piece of flex from the rack to the frame rail. Hard line runs along the rail to the front, makes a cooling loop, and then returns to the reservoir.

If you are talking about the vent line for the fuel tank, yes just remove it and get a vented gas cap. It will not pass emissions that way, but works. That is the setup in my car.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts