• I don't want one

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering how many people would want a FG body kit. there is a local guy that can copy/dup. almost any part, and a copy of a body kit would run about $1000 each + s&h

the hard part is getting a body kit for him to copy.
he can also do custom, but they run about 2000 just for the mold, then $1000 to make one.

his stuff isnt cheap, but they are really high quality.

·
Registered
634 Posts
This would be a doable group buy.

It has been discussed frequently

The problem I see is noone can ever agree on which one they want. Even though some favorites have been decided on.

·
Registered
7,111 Posts
Snake2715 said:
This would be a doable group buy.

It has been discussed frequently

The problem I see is noone can ever agree on which one they want. Even though some favorites have been decided on.
its not only that.........almost all mk2 guys are fucking broke.....

in the words of Dave Chappelle "Im broke nigga Im BROKE"

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
whats the kit going to look like....you cant make it too fancy or it wont look right on the mk2 since the mk2 is boxy kinda you gotta make a kit similar to the erebuni but with a little more spice to it. NO HONDA SHIT.

charlie

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
im a regular at the local good guys, and the tukwila location just got a new installer, hes one of those guys that loves the smell of epoxy in the morning... although he does major customs on the side (like body kits)

http://www.wickedbodies.net/generic348.html
i like the 631...

really... it would be any kit i could get my hands on...

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Whats the point of duplicating one of the kits and selling it for $1k when you can just buy it from that site for $550? Personally id rather just buy a random kit on ebay that I like which are always around $300 and custom fit it. It would probably be just as hard getting the erebuni kit to fit on my car.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
if i remember right, 630 and 631 both share the same front air dam. only difference is the sides and rear apron. Can anyone confirm this?

charlie

·
Registered
15,019 Posts
actually, i believe the only diff was the rear apron. ive had a few people interested in the kit i have and i was selling it, but wont ship it. now i think im just going to keep it and put it on the blue car when i paint it. that car wont get driven a whole lot anyway. however, why not get him to make the front lip that was on the pic of the mkii in the comic book posted recently?

http://www.geocities.com/electrasyangl/supra-kit.jpg

william

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
if you can buy one from the website, more power to ya

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
oldschool85 said:
if i remember right, 630 and 631 both share the same front air dam. only difference is the sides and rear apron. Can anyone confirm this?

charlie
I also think they share the same front airdam. Sides are different though.

My burgandy 86 has the 631 front and sides but the rear apron is from the 630. You can see lots of pics on my site.

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
im with William on this one. the kit from the comic i posted is pretty damn nice....it REALLY compliments the features of the mk2...id buy one for sure

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
if you were to do the group buy it would probably be best to do it in late mid spring come summer. Everyone is flat out broke from previous group buys. Gotta love the mk2 though.

charlie

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
not to ruin on ur parade....but thats the lip celica guys put on their cars...u can actually make it urself...goto homedepot and buy like those blind thingies, the ones u hang down....and wrap it around...no lie...my friend did it to his celica...cept his was wider since he doesnt have a front air dam to begin with lol

1 - 18 of 18 Posts