Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

Are you in?

• Yes if it come together I am deffinately in for one set!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes if it come together I am deffinately in for more then one set!

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all I have just talked to Duane at fiberfx (they make a custon hood for the mk2) about making replacement kick panels (these are the black bodykit pieces that run under the doors) for our cars. He will make them and probably come in under the dealer cost. These will be complete replacements and most likely use the stock mounting screws. At this point I don't know about color (most likely black). We need to get at least 10 people together in order to make it worth while price wise which should be around $140 USD or $190 CAD. Please let me know if you are interested.

·
Registered
3,433 Posts
I would definitly be interested in getting some of those kick panels if it comes together, i was thinking about buying new ones from toyota but why not get them here now...lol i can wait...

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I forgot to mention that shipping will be extra, just an FYI.

·
Registered
245 Posts
how about some pics of the hood? and does it use hood pins?

jeremy

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
IF anyone is interested the carbonfibre fx site is carbonfibrefx.com. Pics of the hood can be found there.

·
Registered
7,111 Posts
Do you have any pics of how the kick panels might look like?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It would look like the original stock part.... unless there is a lot of interest in something with a little more sporty profile? That said I have seen some aftermarket parts that just don't seem to look right. I personally think the stock bacy kit is perfict for these cars. To each their own though.

Sean

·
Super Moderator
10,546 Posts
ah ya bastard, you beat me to it :D I was going to get Duane to start manufactering these myself. I've just been waiting for things to settle down for CFX, they're busting their butts taking care of back orders right now. I'll talk to Duane next time I see him, should be within a week or two.

As for hood pics, besides whats on their site theres these...

http://www.pbase.com/suprafiend/composite_hood_pics

·
Registered
655 Posts
re:

I would also be interested, as long as it's black and stock looking. As mentioned above, trying to do something too fancy will more than likely just make it look like crap.

Sonny

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'll try to get them in black if not then they will be preped and ready for pain upon shipping.

·
Super Moderator
10,546 Posts
they can mold stuff in black, its just a matter of whether it will be glossy enough for peoples tastes.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Good point, although the stock parts aren't a high gloss as I remember.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts