Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner
41 - 54 of 54 Posts

· Registered
4,267 Posts
toyota rockers for $93 each?

im assuming thats us$, but thats still not bad, call me crazy if you will, but if people are willing to throw 2500+ into the engine bay to go turbo or swap in a 7mgte... i cant see why justifying 200 bucks to make your car stronger and MUCH better looking is so difficult.

again, just my very humble, rather outspoken opinion :D

· Registered
195 Posts
Okay, here's some brain storming...

Not sure if this has already been mentioned, but how about door skins? Is that possible? You'd probably have to glue it to the frame, or perhaps drill holes into it to bolt it on.

How about the front fenders? Those would be a great thing to have made by a 3rd party as I'm sure getting those brand new from Toyota costs an arm and a leg. Since most collisions are front end, these should be in high demand.

How about rear quarter panels, from the side molding down? One could cut off the metal right along the molding line and glue or bolt on the fiberglass panel, then cover the seam with the new fiberglass molding. This would be wicked!!!

How about the rear wheel well?

The gas tank? Not sure how it would react to the gas, but I'm tired of my gas tank leaking all over the place...

A new dash! Okay, perhaps that's too much work, but how about replacing the trim around the stereo? Or perhaps the crappy center console - from the shifter all the way back? Actually, I think some brushed aluminum would be better for that... Hmmm... Now I got myself thinking...

- Mike

· Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Mike this will sound real shallow but I have 2 people named mike who are CS.com members, live in winnipeg and are trying to get together this week(end). What is your last name? :roll:

· Premium Member
10,234 Posts
now correct me if I'm wrong, but this buy your planning is for rocker panel mouldings, aka the side skirts, correct? Not the actual quater skins or rocker panels themselves. I think a few people are confused here.

· Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Yes, thank you suprafiend for pointing that out. These are the "side skirts" or "rocker panel moldings" and NOT the rockers themselves. If you have rotten rocker panels then the onlllyy real way to fix that is to have a decient bodyshop weld in new metal, paint, etc. and then add these panels. In fact I am going to add this to the Group buys section under Rocker Panel Moldings.

Later guys.

· Registered
195 Posts
Yeah, the quarter panel moldings are always the first to go. Will they look stock or will you add some flare to them? My cousin Mike could make those as well, but out of metal (aluminum or stainless, whatever you like). He told me he's made them for a Supra he owned years ago.

Anyway, Sean, I sent you a PM with my contact info. Talk to ya later.

- Mike

· Registered
1,708 Posts
i would like to see a hood and rear hatch (just for wight savings). it would be nice to have a hood with subtle scoops. and like mike webber said a body kit that makes the car look lower.
where can i see pics of the hood that is curently available.

· Registered
134 Posts
I would have to say the best body sections to make out of fiberglass would be the hood and the hatch. I'll bet everyone would get them...why? well for starters both of them weigh a ton - they are probably the most heavy single sections on the car...so the weight savings alone would be awesome...(as if the MK2 isn't light enough! ;) ) But, I think a fiberglass hatch would be beneficial to almost every MK2 owner...I think everyone will agree with me when I say the hatch is the most notorious place on every MK2 for rust. It's a big problem area. It has several spots where water and dirt accumulate thus making it prone to rust. A fiberglass hatch would be a godsend. Having the spoiler integrated into the hatch would be great also. :)

I think with the fiberglass hood, instead of making a scoop on top of the centre bulge, make two inlets of either side of the bulge...kind of like how the WRX's have. That would look awesome.

Apart from items, a front bottom spoiler (little lip thing) would be great also...

:D

41 - 54 of 54 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.