Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
POTATO
17,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Celica forums;
http://66.223.106.32/celicaforums/index.php?showtopic=2219&st=0&

it's just gonna be a basic hatch. I think the only holes will be for the rear wiper arm and the washer nozzle. Do-it-yourself spoiler, etc. It was suggested to price your own Lexan window, because this keeps the cost of the hatch down
$250 US plus shipping

*edit, oops never posted a group buy before, forgot there was a section for it!, lol
mods/admins, move as you see fit
:wink:

·
Super Moderator
10,280 Posts
what group buy? Theres like 0 details there, not even a shop name attached. We've seen more then just a few "if we have x many people interested I'll look into it blah blah blah and it will only cost $250!" attempts at gbs here. It takes a hell of alot more to start a group buy then saying "I'm going to start a gb". No offence intended. Or am I completely wrong and this guy has posted all the real details somewhere else already?

·
Registered
15,002 Posts
well, lets show him the interest for him to pursue it. $250 for a fiberglass hatch is cheap.
william

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'll buy one, as long as I can put my 85 gear on it. I just want it for the weight savings. not really interested in having to use hatch pins to hold it down if you know what I mean.

·
Registered
551 Posts
http://66.223.106.32/celicaforums/index.php?showtopic=2196

well ive been on the forums for a while now. name is tok on there almsot my 1000th psot too hehe.

but to the point nukes25 has sold and bought items from other members on the site. you could has him directly or the people whoi have bought/sold from him. even though the items are not nearly as expensive has a group hatch buy. it gives us buyers a little more confidence.
some members i think he has done deals with
Driftman
gtdragster
here is the classified of his name in it
http://66.223.106.32/celicaforums/index.php?act=Search&CODE=show&searchid=626a8da3a0836445e462f09976301a16&search_in=posts&result_type=topics&highlite=

ps nuke if you see this sorry for allt eh infoa nd scoop on you. just trying to get the group buy going. i hate my rusted hatch too

·
POTATO
17,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
sorry for the confusion, i know this isn't as detailed as the usual group buy. i just thought i'd give a heads up on it
:(
i'll post over there and see if he can't post the details in this thread

·
Registered
6,312 Posts
id hit one of those. as long as its not that ricy thing.
id pay 3-400 total to get one. fibergrass hood and 4 fenders would be good too

·
Registered
15,002 Posts
Donn29 said:
id hit one of those. as long as its not that ricy thing.
id pay 3-400 total to get one. fibergrass hood and 4 fenders would be good too

4 fenders? and where exactly are you gonna mount 4 fenders? the mkii only has 2 fenders. btw, i wouldnt want to use pins to hold the hatch down. id want it to latch like the stocker. guess ill read the other thread posted and see whats up with that.

·
Registered
290 Posts
I'd be interested. Any1 know where this guy is from so we can figure how much shipping a hatch would be? My hatch leaks so bad its rusted holes in my spare tire hole and I cant keep my spare down there anymore.

·
Registered
15,002 Posts
read the thread. it says he's in canada.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Hi, I'm trying to get this group buy going, I'm over here in BC Canada, I've already contacted the fibreglass place, he gave me a rough estimate, he told me to come back for an accurate estimate when I'm ready to deal, thats why I'm getting this going, trying to get at least 10 people in on it, but with my best educated guess, it should be roughly 250$, before shipping, mind you, it might go up to 300, but thats still better than 1100$, (I went to toyota today to see how much a new one would cost).

As for details, it will be a stock replacement, I can get holes drilled for water squirter, wiper, lock, and it will be without glass/lexan for 3 reasons, 1-cheaper shipping, 2-less chance of damage or breaking of it in shipping, 3-some might want to keep their glass

now if anyones seriously interested, or has anymore questions, please let me know via email, or you can contact me through the celica gts forum,

·
Registered
583 Posts
my emails [email protected]

stock latch?? you mean a lock already installed? no, I can just get it cut out for it

1 - 20 of 40 Posts