Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Driver & Passenger side VENTED

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
21 - 40 of 64 Posts

·
Banned
1,314 Posts
So whats the deal? Are these getting made? Ive seen a pair sold on Ebay for 120 bucks, I probably should have sniped them then. Anyways, I would buy them if they are in the 100-200 dollar range.

·
Banned
1,314 Posts
I would buy a pair. I would also like them in Carbon Fiber. I would pay like 150. Are these headlight covers going to be produced?

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Hey thanks for that link to speedy parts. I picked up a pair just for grins...couldn't beat the price.

Do you have any clearer pics of what you have so far. The one I saw was very blurry.

·
Registered
131 Posts
headlight covers

hey guys, I think that the MK iii and The MKii use the same head light cover, has anyone checked toyota part numbers, I think I am correct, I will check monday, and let you know...if so,that would save a lot of time any money....

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
When i looked at some mk3 covers they looked exactly the same as well even the side sections but one member told me they wont fit ours. Unless someone has the balls to buy the mk3 one and see how close they are or just get regular ones thatd be great. Someone on this forum must also own a mk3 as well you think.

·
Registered
23 Posts
vented headlight covers

I was at my local Toyota dealer today and had my friend in the parts department to check if the MK II and MK III headlight covers were the same part. They had different part numbers but looked the same on the computer allong with selling for nearly the same price. I wish I had a definate answer but it looks like some one needs to get one of each to compare them side by side to determine if the covers are in fact the same. :?

·
Registered
310 Posts
my friend has like 2 MK3's that are just part cars so I could maybe see if I could borrow the headlight covers and see if they fit on an MK2.

·
3,283 Posts
I think this is a dead issue due to a bunch of recent developments at least with the current developers of this.

I have several things going at the moment, so it will be a while before I could start working on this... or someone else could pick it up and run with it. Let me know if someone else wants to pick this up or I'll try to do it in the next month or so.

Mike

·
Super Moderator
7,282 Posts
Re: vented headlight covers

cf_koch said:
I was at my local Toyota dealer today and had my friend in the parts department to check if the MK II and MK III headlight covers were the same part. They had different part numbers but looked the same on the computer allong with selling for nearly the same price. I wish I had a definate answer but it looks like some one needs to get one of each to compare them side by side to determine if the covers are in fact the same. :?
I'm pretty sure they're different...I have mk2 and mk3...I'll see if I have time to do some camparisons tonight/tomorrow...no promises, I've been awfully busy lately.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Yeah they are different. I just checked. Very very close but the mkiii is wider and the screw holes are different.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Dammit, well i guess i gotta start finding some spare headlight brackets and covers to ship to hong kong to make this stinken mold. Any one know how much it would cost to ship all these parts?

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Ok now whose definately going to be into this group buy? Thanks to supra85 thats supplying most of the parts we are a bit closer to getting this done. It will still take about 2 months to produce them but the company wants to know actually how much interest there is. For the 10+ group buy the prices will be: $110 u.s. - both vented covers
$65 u.s. - passenger side vented cover
If we get 20-30 orders then the price will go down another $5-10.
*If your smart and have the money you might wanna purchase more than one set cause these babies would do a killer on ebay.
-Now just reply and put down if you want both sides or just the passenger side and quantity.
Thanks, Mark

21 - 40 of 64 Posts