Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No thanks

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
i went to the toyota dealer today in Kamloops BC, got a quote for a number of parts. a new hatch + rubber seal, with no glass or associated bits (ie. just the metal piece) was $1200.

yeah.

fuck that.

my $300 '85 had a rust free hatch... i think we know who got the better deal.

·
Registered
930 Posts
About 3.5 years ago I priced a hatch here in Oz. at $Aus1500
The exchange rate then was about 50 cents, so that would have been about $US750
I then bought a used hatch from Japan, no rust at all, it had supposedly been sitting in a warehouse for quite some years.
(Same story they tell about Jap engines)

Do they really (in Japan) have enough land to keep huge warehouses full of used parts for years?

·
Registered
439 Posts
The 85' hatch I got for $200 wasn't exactly rust free, but the problem's just STARTING (small repairable rust bubbles around the latch, that I'm going to attend to this month)...Also it had been repainted white at one time, had dark purple tinted glass, with a trd sticker in the window.

+2,000 riceboy points.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Yeah I wanted a new hatch, and Toyota said 1100, without the glass. So I went to Pick your Part and found the only MKII in the yard, the only usable thing it had left was the hatch, so I popped it off, and now its on my car, almost completely rust free, except one little spot. Almost the same color as my car as well, slightly darker blue though.

·
Registered
15,019 Posts
i got a perfect rust free hatch at the boneyard for $50. it was the 85 style. also the one on my blue car only has 2 tiny rust spots starting that i need to fix soon.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts