Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purches a Clutch from rabidchimp. I ordered the stage 2 clutch. I ended up with a 4 pad race disc, and I was going to get a Fidanza or Execdy lightweight flywheel to go with it. Is that gunna make the driveing really crapy, am i gunna screw up my trany? wuts is going to happen?

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I already have the clutch (4 pad)

·
Super Moderator
7,288 Posts
I would think that the chatter you're gonna get with an unsprung 4 puck and lightweight flywheel will pound your fillings out the roof of your mouth. I have the act 6 puck and i get chatter, mind you it's managable...but still.

The 6 puck is labelled as a race only clutch, mind you i'll argue that point simply because it is driveable. I don't even want to know what the 4 puck would be like. Is this a daily driver, if so pop the clutch and get something else. My daily drivers busted so i've been driving my supra everyday for the last 3 weeks and at moments I've thought about ripping the clutch out and tossing it.

Good luck

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
It only took me one drive in your car around the parking lot to figure that one out, George. I drive my Supra everyday, so I am probalby going to get the DXD clutch that Mark (CRF_Rider) is running on his 11psi 5mgte.

karaki said:
I would think that the chatter you're gonna get with an unsprung 4 puck and lightweight flywheel will pound your fillings out the roof of your mouth. I have the act 6 puck and i get chatter, mind you it's managable...but still.

The 6 puck is labelled as a race only clutch, mind you i'll argue that point simply because it is driveable. I don't even want to know what the 4 puck would be like. Is this a daily driver, if so pop the clutch and get something else. My daily drivers busted so i've been driving my supra everyday for the last 3 weeks and at moments I've thought about ripping the clutch out and tossing it.

Good luck

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I guess I forgot to mention that I am basicaly turning this car into a drag car. Im not gunna drop everything in till I have the new motor completly rebuilt and the rest of the car done. It is gunna be a drag car eventualy. Its a daily driver now, and i wasent planing on putting this clutch on first.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts