Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hate to post on this topic again, however I need some concrete answers....I did a search on the fidanza flywheel and found that some like it and some don't.....I am currently running a 5mgte with a ct 26 and all the goodies.....I have a resurfaced flywheel and an act--- 4 puck clutch.....Yea I know 4-puck.....I really don't enjoy using this clutch even though it can hold down some power...I have learned how to use this clutch quite well, however, I enjoyed the centerforce clutch that was in it when it was stock....I am going to get the aluminum flywheel, but I was wondering what clutch I should go with....I will keep my act pressure plate, I don't know what disc to run.....Someone reported that they were running the fidanza and the act 6 puck clutch, it kind of seemed like they were not satisfied with the clutch.......does anyone have an ideas on this subject....think I could run a flat faced disc without any pucks....one that looks more factory and handles more factory......I am running at 9psi with ross .20 over pistons....must be able to handle this!!!

Also check this out.......I am also replacing my tranny.....my current one will be shot in the next year......200,000 miles on it......I found one in texas from a tranny dealer....he says it is imported from japan and has about 50k on it.....think this guy is full of shit or what....I mean 50k...sounds ludacris to me....he wants 350 for it?

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Natro33 said:
Someone reported that they were running the fidanza and the act 6 puck clutch, it kind of seemed like they were not satisfied with the clutch.......does anyone have an ideas on this subject?
Yeah, I'm running this setup now but I don't think I'd really recommend it. It's tolerable from the drivers POV but it's just too harsh on the driveline. I really feel like it's putting undue stress on the tranny, diff, etc.. As for an alternative.... well I was considering using the ACT pressure plate with the stock disk and then see how it holds. Otherwise there are 2 clutches that should hold and be somewhat civilized, an RPS, and another that I can't think of the brand right now. If you go thru previous posts you'll find it. BTW this is really a clutch question not a flywheel question :)

HTH

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
im running a centerforce stage 1 and it came with the paper work and it said that im only suposed to use the stock flywheel. i was bumbed out. so i didnt. i didnt want to press my luck and do it. 2 cents

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
centerforce

When I looked through all the related posts I couldn't find one that had a definate answer on the right setup for the car.....and I am still a little weary of dropping the bills for a fidanza...I've already dropped like 7k in this baby

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
I'm in the same situation (almost). I'm ready to make that Fidanza upgrade, but not sure which disc to go with. I'm trying to stay away from the chatter, so the full disc makes sense.

Look into Centerforce. I have a stage 2; it's very smooth. I need a more aggressive pressure plate due to slippage at full boost.

·
Premium Member
8,430 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts