Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was interested in the Fikse wheels after seeing them on the message board here. I just finished e-mailing the company on compatible sizes for our MKII Supra with all the specs and sizes of our bolt patterns. Hopefully I'll get a responce back from them and I'll post it with a rough idea of prices. I was interested in the FM/5 and FM/10 wheels, so that's what I asked about.

Here's a link to a nice view of an FM/5 wheel on a Camaro...the closest boxy car I could find that would have similar lines to the Supra.

http://www.fikse.com/yourcar/street8.html

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I hope they aren't that much, but I asked them about 17" sizes....18 would leave little if any tire to keep from changing the revolutions on the wheel/tire.

·
Super Moderator
8,821 Posts
I'd guessestimate about $3500 for 17x8 and 17x9s. Add about $1500 for a decent set of tires.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
To be clear you can get Fikse's for a better deal. Contact SW on Supraforums if you're interested.

You will save a substantial amount less than the $4500 that Mike's talking about. I've heard rumors of as much as thirty percent less...

·
Premium Member
7,186 Posts
If you can get 17" Fikse FM10s for <3800 in mk2 fitments, I will eat my dirty stinky New Balance sneakers ;)

quick said:
To be clear you can get Fikse's for a better deal. Contact SW on Supraforums if you're interested. You will save a substantial amount less than the $4500 that Mike's talking about. I've heard rumors of as much as thirty percent less...

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Malloy said:
If you can get 17" Fikse FM10s for <3800 in mk2 fitments, I will eat my dirty stinky New Balance sneakers ;)
I don't think they make a 4-hole wheel. If they do you're right -- you perhaps wouldn't get a huge discount.

However, It's going to be more like $4000 tops IMO. ...unless they have to do some wacky shit for MkII fitment (which I doubt).

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
If CCW wheels come in MkII fitment they're a good deal for a 3-piece forged setup. Something like $1800 IIRC. ...get 'em powder coated and they'd look real nice.

·
Premium Member
7,186 Posts
A friend just mounted a set of 17x8 and 17x10 Fikse FM10s on his Datsun 510. It was converted to 5 lug. They cost him right under 4k. HE has another 1200 in rubber.

I have never seen a 4lug Fikse wheel, but that doesnt mean they do not have them. They were too much $ for me to consider, so I never looked into them.

Re: CCW> I talked to John @CCW a while back, and he quoted me ~425 a wheel. Not a bad deal for argubaly the strongest and cheapest race wheel available. Decent looking, but for our 17" he works with a 15" wheel center :\

It would look like this:

Not this:

quick said:
I don't think they make a 4-hole wheel. If they do you're right -- you perhaps wouldn't get a huge discount.
However, It's going to be more like $4000 tops IMO. ...unless they have to do some wacky shit for MkII fitment (which I doubt).

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I never got a responce back, but I believe you. I was thinking spending $3800 on your set up Mike was a bit high. Don't get me wrong they are wicked wheels and they look awsome on your black Supra, but I really didn't want to spend too much on a set of rims.

I want to find a decent set of 17s with a bit harder tires. I'm taking my Supra to Omaha, NE this summer to race circut, but wanted the stiffness of a skinnier walled tire. At the same time having a sweet looking rim.

I guess maybe if were less than $600 for all four rims I'd consider buying something. (granted they look decent)

·
Premium Member
7,186 Posts
My point is that Fikse is the big leagues, way at teh top of the food chain. They make my wheels look like Konigs :)

I think Panasports are the best deal going for the $$$ right now, and they look cool on a mk2. (esp if the wheels are black) :twisted: Compomotives are also kickass wheels, but less of a racing wheel IMO. It seems like you are looking for a race wheel.

86SupraMKII said:
I never got a responce back, but I believe you. I was thinking spending $3800 on your set up Mike was a bit high. Don't get me wrong they are wicked wheels and they look awsome on your black Supra, but I really didn't want to spend too much on a set of rims.

I want to find a decent set of 17s with a bit harder tires. I'm taking my Supra to Omaha, NE this summer to race circut, but wanted the stiffness of a skinnier walled tire. At the same time having a sweet looking rim.

I guess maybe if were less than $600 for all four rims I'd consider buying something. (granted they look decent)

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
I've seen a 4 lug FM/10, but I can't seem to find a picture right now. :(

-Andrew

Malloy said:
I have never seen a 4lug Fikse wheel, but that doesnt mean they do not have them. They were too much $ for me to consider, so I never looked into them.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
If/when I get the MkII back Compomotives will be on order. They combine the old school look, a bearable price, and good sizes.

I agree re: Fikse, Mike. They are very expensive and exclusive.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I got a responce and they are $800.00 for the rims a piece, and $100.00 to customize for our offset. Well if you've got the means go for it, but I think spend 4 grand on wheels is a bit crazy.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts