Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was interested in the Fikse wheels after seeing them on the message board here. I just finished e-mailing the company on compatible sizes for our MKII Supra with all the specs and sizes of our bolt patterns. Hopefully I'll get a responce back from them and I'll post it with a rough idea of prices. I was interested in the FM/5 and FM/10 wheels, so that's what I asked about.

Here's a link to a nice view of an FM/5 wheel on a Camaro...the closest boxy car I could find that would have similar lines to the Supra.

http://www.fikse.com/yourcar/street8.html
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,619 Posts
I would be interested in hearing about it... I've been interesed in the Fikse FM/10s for a while now..
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
7,186 Posts
Remember guys, these wheels in 18" variety are typically 4500, without tires. I bet the 17s are $4,000...then add tires.

$5k for wheels? Wow.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I hope they aren't that much, but I asked them about 17" sizes....18 would leave little if any tire to keep from changing the revolutions on the wheel/tire.
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
7,186 Posts
Yea, they are def. in that ballpark. That is common fitments too. They may hose us more due to the weird config we need.

They are pretty much the top of the food chain.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,111 Posts
:shock: $4K for 17" rims
man if you buy those you would be rolling around on a $2K (Estimated)car with $4K rims :)
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
8,413 Posts
I'd guessestimate about $3500 for 17x8 and 17x9s. Add about $1500 for a decent set of tires.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,186 Posts
To be clear you can get Fikse's for a better deal. Contact SW on Supraforums if you're interested.

You will save a substantial amount less than the $4500 that Mike's talking about. I've heard rumors of as much as thirty percent less...
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
7,186 Posts
If you can get 17" Fikse FM10s for <3800 in mk2 fitments, I will eat my dirty stinky New Balance sneakers ;)



quick said:
To be clear you can get Fikse's for a better deal. Contact SW on Supraforums if you're interested. You will save a substantial amount less than the $4500 that Mike's talking about. I've heard rumors of as much as thirty percent less...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,186 Posts
Malloy said:
If you can get 17" Fikse FM10s for <3800 in mk2 fitments, I will eat my dirty stinky New Balance sneakers ;)
I don't think they make a 4-hole wheel. If they do you're right -- you perhaps wouldn't get a huge discount.

However, It's going to be more like $4000 tops IMO. ...unless they have to do some wacky shit for MkII fitment (which I doubt).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,186 Posts
If CCW wheels come in MkII fitment they're a good deal for a 3-piece forged setup. Something like $1800 IIRC. ...get 'em powder coated and they'd look real nice.
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
7,186 Posts
A friend just mounted a set of 17x8 and 17x10 Fikse FM10s on his Datsun 510. It was converted to 5 lug. They cost him right under 4k. HE has another 1200 in rubber.

I have never seen a 4lug Fikse wheel, but that doesnt mean they do not have them. They were too much $ for me to consider, so I never looked into them.

Re: CCW> I talked to John @CCW a while back, and he quoted me ~425 a wheel. Not a bad deal for argubaly the strongest and cheapest race wheel available. Decent looking, but for our 17" he works with a 15" wheel center :\

It would look like this:


Not this:




quick said:
I don't think they make a 4-hole wheel. If they do you're right -- you perhaps wouldn't get a huge discount.
However, It's going to be more like $4000 tops IMO. ...unless they have to do some wacky shit for MkII fitment (which I doubt).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I never got a responce back, but I believe you. I was thinking spending $3800 on your set up Mike was a bit high. Don't get me wrong they are wicked wheels and they look awsome on your black Supra, but I really didn't want to spend too much on a set of rims.

I want to find a decent set of 17s with a bit harder tires. I'm taking my Supra to Omaha, NE this summer to race circut, but wanted the stiffness of a skinnier walled tire. At the same time having a sweet looking rim.

I guess maybe if were less than $600 for all four rims I'd consider buying something. (granted they look decent)
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
7,186 Posts
My point is that Fikse is the big leagues, way at teh top of the food chain. They make my wheels look like Konigs :)

I think Panasports are the best deal going for the $$$ right now, and they look cool on a mk2. (esp if the wheels are black) :twisted: Compomotives are also kickass wheels, but less of a racing wheel IMO. It seems like you are looking for a race wheel.

86SupraMKII said:
I never got a responce back, but I believe you. I was thinking spending $3800 on your set up Mike was a bit high. Don't get me wrong they are wicked wheels and they look awsome on your black Supra, but I really didn't want to spend too much on a set of rims.

I want to find a decent set of 17s with a bit harder tires. I'm taking my Supra to Omaha, NE this summer to race circut, but wanted the stiffness of a skinnier walled tire. At the same time having a sweet looking rim.

I guess maybe if were less than $600 for all four rims I'd consider buying something. (granted they look decent)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,619 Posts
I've seen a 4 lug FM/10, but I can't seem to find a picture right now. :(

-Andrew

Malloy said:
I have never seen a 4lug Fikse wheel, but that doesnt mean they do not have them. They were too much $ for me to consider, so I never looked into them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,186 Posts
If/when I get the MkII back Compomotives will be on order. They combine the old school look, a bearable price, and good sizes.

I agree re: Fikse, Mike. They are very expensive and exclusive.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I got a responce and they are $800.00 for the rims a piece, and $100.00 to customize for our offset. Well if you've got the means go for it, but I think spend 4 grand on wheels is a bit crazy.
 
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Top