Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well tonight i started up my 5mgte. Runs great but i cant drive it on the streets(no downpipe). Im gonna put up pics and do a writeup.

·
Registered
430 Posts
thshiiam said:
Well tonight i started up my 5mgte. Runs great but i cant drive it on the streets(no downpipe). Im gonna put up pics and do a writeup.

SWEET! welcome to the boost club. you'll never regret it. now get yourself an S-AFC and some 295CC injectors and get your butt on the dyno and get it tuned. that was the best thing I ever did. gained 20hp and 20ft/lbs of torque just by tuning alone

·
Registered
79 Posts
how about some numbers!!!

Just completed my 5mgte project.....how do you have your 295s tuned....ie....what percentages are you running on your afc......?....lo throttle and hi throttle?........does your check engine light come on when you boost then go back off?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well after one day of driving it I was goin down the highway and I was at about 6 psi and all of the sudden white smoke out of the tailpipe. I knew that the headgasket would go but I had no idea it would go that easy. Well time to get a metal headgasket.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Do you think that detonation had an effect in destroying your head gasket? Sorry to hear it in any case.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
it hapenned to me to.... when I turbo my 6M withoiut changing to MHG.... it runa pretty good and no lean at all on the AF gauge.... 3 bars green and no detonation or ping at all during boost... I ran it at 6 psi... but as soon as I did a one pass at the track... and making the car work hard at the 1/4 mile... with just a open 3" DP... at the end of the track... booom an blown headgasket and a show forthe crowd.... found 5 spots on the headgasket blown.... I wich I still have the blown gasket for memories :cry:

now the 6M is built and hoping to make 400+.... hopefully w/ the shot peened and polished 7M rods and ARP rod bolts, main studs, head studs... and also the 2.0mm HKS Bead MHG... and the most important the 8.0:1 Ross Forged Racing pistons and rings

·
Registered
216 Posts
Where did you gusy get the MHG from and the studs? How much and for what motor? I have a 6M im turboing adn dont want to go through this. Should I get the HG and studs for a 5M or a 7M? Thanks,

Austin

·
Registered
430 Posts
Re: how about some numbers!!!

you need to put it on a dyno to tune it properly my percentages probably wont help you much

Natro33 said:
Just completed my 5mgte project.....how do you have your 295s tuned....ie....what percentages are you running on your afc......?....lo throttle and hi throttle?........does your check engine light come on when you boost then go back off?

·
Registered
430 Posts
damn I guess I must be a lucky one. I torqued my head bolts down to 75lbs and boost alot for the past year and no headgasket. boosted 5M/6M will give you the same effect as a 7M head gasket if not torqued down properly. and 55lbs didn't work on the 7M.

3000cc MK2 said:
it hapenned to me to.... when I turbo my 6M withoiut changing to MHG.... it runa pretty good and no lean at all on the AF gauge.... 3 bars green and no detonation or ping at all during boost... I ran it at 6 psi... but as soon as I did a one pass at the track... and making the car work hard at the 1/4 mile... with just a open 3" DP... at the end of the track... booom an blown headgasket and a show forthe crowd.... found 5 spots on the headgasket blown.... I wich I still have the blown gasket for memories :cry:

now the 6M is built and hoping to make 400+.... hopefully w/ the shot peened and polished 7M rods and ARP rod bolts, main studs, head studs... and also the 2.0mm HKS Bead MHG... and the most important the 8.0:1 Ross Forged Racing pistons and rings

·
Registered
216 Posts
Could you guys help me out with this?
Where did you gusy get the MHG from and the studs? How much and for what motor? I have a 6M im turboing adn dont want to go through this. Should I get the HG and studs for a 5M or a 7M? Thanks,
I really dont want to take the chance. Thanks,

Austin

1 - 12 of 12 Posts