Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off I want to thank Mark of vancouver toyota. He made this happen for me.

He had some of these seat covers lying around (they were new) GT Cover seat covers.

They fit amazing.
My stock leather was nasty and no store carries any covers that fit decently.
I got these for what I think is a freaking steal.

Got them all installed and everything.
They pictures are right after install and the fabric hadnt completely relaxed from being un packed...give them a week and they will look even better.

Before (crap shcucks covers)

Stock Leather Underneath

Seat with cover and reassembled

In car.

Pictures dont show it well but the gray color is just a tad lighter than the stock grey leather in the car. I think it looks great.

This picture shows the color difference (top is stock leather bottom is cover)

I am glad to have gotten rid of vinyl/leather. Too cold in winter too hot in summer...
The fabric is soo much nicer and more plush. These covers have good padding built in and the seats are soooooooo comfortable.

amazing.

So Thanks again mark. This is one well spent investment.

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
got them from Mark for 75 shipped (Like UPS 2 day shipping as well).

They are nearly twice that from GTCover.com

I know he had a blue set for sale a little bit back.. Dont know if they sold or not.

·
Registered
622 Posts
^ not everyone can get them for 75 for a pair though. And scott, pic 3....did your cat eat another cat? that thing is huge :eek:

·
Premium Member
3,677 Posts
Yeah, everyone can order these at retail price from GT Covers in the link that Austin provided. I can save everyone about 15-20% off the retail price on their website. Scott got a great deal on a set of NOS that I've been sitting on for quite a few years, that won't be able to happen ever again.

Looks great Scott! Glad you like them!

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
I got it in light brown.

I have a front set, (P-type buckets) in brown from a '84 celica, I think.
Just don't have a color matched car yet to use them in.
They make a hellava good fit thou.
Head rest is a seperate cover.
I often wondered if these were still available in a color I could use.

Or do this;
Here's how I had to do the '83 seats I have.

It was easy, just time consuming. I used an old seat cover set for the backs.
I had to use another old set to do the seat bottoms.
They had a hard life. (a blind smoker must have drove that car)
My daughter likes the look now, without the holes and stains showing.

·
Registered
622 Posts
thanks for posting pics, i was wondering if anyone else had experience or input. And pictures are better than words.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
97 Posts
Neither 11 nor 13 look like my '85 Mk II cloth seats. My headrest is separate but it sits between two pillars that are part of the seat-back. I elected to take my seats to an upholstery shop and they found a nice looking cloth. It doesn't match the rear seat or door material and it likely won't wear as well as the original but it updates the look (and has no holes!).

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
Nice restoration Scott, sure beats duck tape, lol.

I don't have the connections you do, and can't afford to reupholster my leather right now, so I looked around locally. I tried out a number of off-the-shelf covers, but wasn't satisfied with any of them.
Then I found a decent set of seat covers on eBay http://cgi.ebay.ca/ObusForme-CUSHION-CAR-SEAT-Memory-Foam-75-NIB-ON-SALE_W0QQitemZ140388629311QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors_RV_Trailer_Camper_Parts_Accessories?hash=item20afd07b3f.
I'm not promoting them, but they're on at a good deal and fitment worked with my original '82 leather and the '84 driver cloth seat too.

Obusforme ...while they match your interior better than mine, they sure are comfortable (memory foam and lumbar support). Now my front seats match :thumbsup:.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts