Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well just bought it today (yesterday) I'm so excited I can hardly contain myself. Be its also 4am and I'm exhusted I'll post some pix tomarrow. Can't wait to put the 6m in. The engine in it runs excelent but who could resist!

Will (now part of the supra owning ranks once again!!!)
[email protected]

Dark brown 85 with leather int. The original antenna and stero even work!
It has a few minor bugs which I'll ask about tomarow.
Must sleep now....

·
Super Moderator
10,546 Posts
Cool! Glad to hear Will. You missed my hood group buy, but if you need some new leather for that 85 you know who to ask :wink:

Now don't go rolling this one!

·
Registered
790 Posts
Was that the one posted on Autotrader? Is was gonna drag my friend to look at that car... :wink: Of course, I somethink you will appriciate it much more

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm positively giddy (like a schoolgirl) logged over 300 mi in the last 24 hr.

This car definitely feels more powerful than my last car. Brand new clutch even! New cap rotor and wires and Toyota fuel pump. The guy I bought it from was a Toyota mechanic! How lucky am I?

Question: The clock says 1:00 every time I start it up and then sometimes goes blank...anyone know why?

Question: when I lock the doors the car just unlocks them so I have to hold the passenger side lock down and then lock the drivers side for it to stay locked. I remember when the oem alarm was giving me trouble on my last supra I had to open up the door panels and refurb the little push button actuator but this seems to be a slightly different problem (although the alarm does go off when I open the passenger side door with the key which was the same as my old car before I fixed it).

One of the marker bulbs in the front fogs is out (I should be able to fix that no problem) and the passenger side mirror is slightly broken (which as luck would have it was one of the only surviving parts of the car I rolled) I'll be fixing that tomorrow. I’ve got the RC intake I’m going to put on the LJM strut tower bar and the addco front and rear

Question: also going to get new shocks (cant decide weather if I’ll just go with the KYB’s again or something else Tokico HP, Koni, Gab)?

Question: I’m contemplating lowering it but have herd mixed things about lowering the supras any one have input? Eibach Pro Kit (-1") or Suspension Techniques (-1.3") ?

The stock speakers have had it. But I still have the 2K stereo from the last supra which I think I will put in the new supra. I Need to design a amp rack (the last one bit the dust in the wreck along with the x-flow cooling fan) luckily the amp, cap and sub box are all in good shape along with the head unit. So I will be routing some 4ga wire and RCA’s soon also. Setup consists of Panasonic dfx99, Hifonics z700 5-channel amp, PC 1F cap, Lightning wires, two A/D/S 10’s and some budget DEI 6.5.

Question: Anyone ever modified the doors for 6.5” speakers? I’m thinking fiberglassing where the map pockets are and putting in some 6.5 comps. The stock locations are just no good for imaging.

Question: what do you all use to remove the old wax? What about new wax?

Question: Any one knows of a good tint shop in the Portland (Oregon) area?

Question: Where can I find a good rear strut brace bar? Mike Lewitz? Anyone have this?

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
SupraFiend said:
Cool! Glad to hear Will. You missed my hood group buy, but if you need some new leather for that 85 you know who to ask :wink:

Now don't go rolling this one!
Is FX still makeing these FG hoods? I may just have to go out and buy one. Again I'm really sorry I diden't buy one when I said I was going to.

The leather is in pretty good shape considering the miles and the fact its a 18 year old car I'm going to try and dye it and recondition it. We shall see what happens (the leather in the back seats is neer perfect but the front seets is showing some wear)

·
Registered
144 Posts
6.5 in the doors

I did this to my 85P to accomodate some speakers I already had about two years ago. It can be done but it is a tough job with hand tools. The doors inner walls are mild steel not aluminum or tin. The only issue is the space between the door panel and dash. As I recall due the door internals the placement may create an issue for speaker clearance. The Alpines I originally put in just did fit, I have since tried some pioneers and I could not put the speaker covers on. The more flush the speaker the less of issue it is. I would do it again if I had to because the all around sound of a 6.5 is far better than a stock sized speaker. Doug

·
Super Moderator
10,546 Posts
Hey Will no prob about the hoods, you had more then a legitimate reason. And yes they are still available, I'll be making a big post about them in the near future.

Your problem with the doors unlocking themselves is caused by the main lock relay in the DS door, its almost right under the lock and window switch console panel. These things seem to get sensitive to vibrations with age. If you knock hard it will activate. What happens when you use the power locks is the vibration from the locks be snapped shut or open in the door triggers the relay to activate. In some cases mine would do this several times before it would stop, as each time it activates it causes another vibration. Slamming the door would often activate it too, which can put you in all sorts of awkard positions. Keep a spare key in your wallet till you get it fixed. You should just need to replace that relay and all should be good. Finding one at a junkyard can be hit and miss as it is a common problem.

Your leather sounds like its in the same shape as mine. I want mine looking fresh and new so I'm just going to replace the front seat skins.

About your clock being reset, I imagine the stock stereo is still there? If not does the clock on the stereo reset everytime the car is shut off? If so you have some kind of wiring problem where all power to the car is being shut off when the key is turned off. Might be short, I'm not sure. One of my supras is doing this and I haven't fixed it yet. Might just be a wiring problem with the clock too.

I'm really happy with the ST springs but it might be too soft a ride for those expecting some serious performance springs. I think they suit the character of the car well though if racing isn't a huge concern. Deftinatly causes excessive camber in the rear, but I love the handling.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Silly question, but are you sure that the ignition is totally off? In my car, the doors try to unlock themselves unless you turn the ignition all the way off, however you can pull the key out at any point, so you have to make sure of where it is (or just notice that the doors keep unlocking themselves). Just a thought

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm fairly certain the ign is totaly off.

·
Registered
7,111 Posts
congrats supra_toy
I guess all that searching payed off in the end.

Good luck with your new toy :wink:

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
supra_toy said:
Question: what do you all use to remove the old wax? What about new wax?

Question: Where can I find a good rear strut brace bar? Mike Lewitz? Anyone have this?
Congrats on the newpra! :) Hope she treats ya well!

Wax is easily removed with Dish soap. Cusco makes a rear bar... tho most of the ones I have seen are DIY bars... Not too hard to make either.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Supra Bob said:
Congrats on the newpra! :) Hope she treats ya well!

Wax is easily removed with Dish soap. Cusco makes a rear bar... tho most of the ones I have seen are DIY bars... Not too hard to make either.
What shoud I use to make the rear bar?

Anyone have a pix of mikes bar?

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Welcome back to the fold, Will!

Hey, by the way, you better check the Wanted section, two folks looking for injectors, 1 set of 210's and another for low imp 295's.

(Satisfied customer of 2 different sets of injectors from Will)

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
82Spearco said:
Welcome back to the fold, Will!

Hey, by the way, you better check the Wanted section, two folks looking for injectors, 1 set of 210's and another for low imp 295's.

(Satisfied customer of 2 different sets of injectors from Will)
I think you must have me confused with a different will. I currently don't have any injectors for sale. I know I'm not the only will on the board though.....

Regards

Will Mcardle

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
:shock: Sorry about that! :oops:

·
Super Moderator
10,546 Posts
Thats Oregon Will, I think you want WA Will. Its ok, I've made that mistake too :)

I've also gotten injectors from WA Will as well. I think he uses William actually.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Haha oregon will...

Actually my legal name is william but most everyone I know knows me by just will

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
TTT

will (hoping to get answers to page 1 questions)

·
Premium Member
6,116 Posts
Sounds like a great deal-I know you looked hard-See, it can happen! :lol:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts