Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well I got a photo scanner for Christmas so I can finally show my first Supras demise. This was my first car back in 1993, an 85 5speed ptype. I had put Eibach springs on it along with an HKS intake and HKS cat. back exhaust which is on the car in the pics. I also put wheels on it that I now question my sanity about but what ever, lol. Then it was taken from me when me and my GF were rear ended on highway 18 by a drunk driver going 100+. Keep in mind I was going about 70 when this happened, and it still did that much damage to the rear. And that rear quarter was even somewhat braced by a speaker box that was in the hatch from shock tower to shock tower. Some of you that are local to me have heard the story. But any how the first pic is when I first got it and the second pic speaks for itself. We were both fine. But the car was tweaked so bad that the passenger seat was facing the passenger rear view mirror, pretty much turned it almost 45 degrees to the right. I wish I had more pics but so far this is the only one of it wrecked. I would kill for that exhaust now, which was actually sold to someone back east here on the boards. It also has every fender and door I need now, :32: . Now having a second supra I can see why I loved that car so much. Even though the one I have now is not even close to as good of shape as my previous one, it now has a rebuilt engine and is going to be even better some day than my first some day. I have to say a big thanks to everyone here for inspiration and help as well. I would never be as far into restoring it if it wasn't for these boards and the great people on it, so THANKS and enjoy the pics. :salute:

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
I'm quite happy you're OK and that you have another Supra.

What eventually happened to the asshole that hit you?

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welll, it turns out he lived about a 1/4 mile from me. He drove a Cutlass by the way. All I know for sure is I picked him out of a montage of pictures because he ran from the scene. They had the helicopters out and everything looking for him. Turned out he had warrants for previous hit and run and dwi. They finally got him and I have no idea what happend to him after. But I know I got ran over the coals by progressive insurance. Believe it or not at the end of arbitration they said it was half my fault because I was changing lanes. Never mind the fact that he was drunk and driving over 100 when he hit me. Complete bullshit if you ask me. And I had to go through hell to get any money for my Supra too. But all is well now :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
damn insurance companies !!!! they always try to find a way to do not pay.

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
Well, you;re alive. That's always nice. Go with Geico.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Progressive sucks. I got hit by a drunk driver years ago. I was at a complete stop waiting to turn left, and got rearended. In the end, I sued them and got $30k. Don't ever want to deal progressive ever again.

·
Premium Member
6,133 Posts
Wow- Typical for around here that he ran from scene. Im on Hwy 18 every day, it can get pretty hairy even after all the "improvements" since that happened. That car is in far worse shape than I remember you describing-glad you guys werent hurt.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
It'll buff out.

·
Registered
77 Posts
goddamn man i hate people who drive drunk....or drive stupid in general. people need to be more careful but of course that will never happen, we just have to be as alert as we can and hope for the best you know? im sorry for your car but most importantly, i am glad you are both ok, thank god

1 - 14 of 14 Posts